When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paneraei Op Xi

Shasta

I aqquired this movement from a local shop, at some expense, this weekend. But the more I look at it, the more it bothers me. Namely there isn't any stamp on the bridge, under the balance. Plus the collar on the balance jewel doesn't have any slots. Am I seeing phantoms where there are none? Or do I have reason to be upset? Heres a couple pics for the experts to pour over...

post-1312-1171245570_thumb.jpg

post-1312-1171245590_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shasta

I aqquired this movement from a local shop, at some expense, this weekend. But the more I look at it, the more it bothers me. Namely there isn't any stamp on the bridge, under the balance. Plus the collar on the balance jewel doesn't have any slots. Am I seeing phantoms where there are none? Or do I have reason to be upset? Heres a couple pics for the experts to pour over...

gen.

How much did it cost?

most definitely fake :yuk: the bridge engraving on the genuine movement is much smoother - if the seller sold you as gen, ask for your money back

Can't say I agree on the engraving. I compare side-by-side with gen and the engraving looks the same. In fact, heres an image of known gen at about the same mag and it looks just as rough as the 1 above...

post-1312-1171249890_thumb.jpg

Can't say I agree on the engraving. I compare side-by-side with gen and the engraving looks the same. In fact, heres an image of known gen at about the same mag and it looks just as rough as the 1 above...

I rest my case - look at the letters and judge for yourself - as I said yours pictured in the first post is a fake!

Yeap.. definately a fake...

If you have seen from close the finish of the gen movements you can understand the fakes from a mile away ;)

p.s. You can see how clearely and well defined are the PANERAI PANERAI PANERAI on the movement bridges.. they are like they were engraved by a machine perfectly while on your closeup picture they see to be very very rough.

PLUS the pattern of PANERAI PANERAI is not correct..

This looks like a real conglomerate movement: Asian 6497-2 parts. Parts from the Swiss/Asian G-Series #1 movement (dagger regulator), plus parts from the Swiss/Asian #2 movement (needle regulator).

It's actually quite unique...the first replica 6497-2 G-Series that I've seen.

• 1 year later...