When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Superocean Steelfish!

m4rcus

I got my Steelfish from Angus today...

Where do I start?

Overall build quality is excellent. The steel band needs oiling to loosen up the links a bit, but overall it's great. The leather straps that I got with it are really nice and soft.

200968-1638.jpg

The AR is nicely done. Not obtrusive. The crystal is very clear in all positions...

200968-1639.jpg

The only complaint I have is that my dial doesn't seem to be spot on straight. It's shifted slightly to the left. You can kinda tell from this pic (notice how the marker above the 12 is a bit shifted compared to the bezel marker).

EDIT: Upon closer inspection it has be determined that the dial is not the problem. The 12 o'clock bezel marker actually doesn't align exactly with the dial's 12 o'clock marker. In order to align them both the bezel marker has to be in between clicks. END EDIT.

200968-1640.jpg

I plan on wearing the snot of it. After reading joe's pressure testing post I have no qualms swimming, boating, or snorkeling with it...and I plan on do all of that this summer.

cheers,

-- m

I got my Steelfish from Angus today...

Where do I start?

Overall build quality is excellent. The steel band needs oiling to loosen up the links a bit, but overall it's great. The leather straps that I got with it are really nice and soft.

200981-1634.jpg

The AR is nicely done. Not obtrusive. The crystal is very clear in all positions...

200981-1635.jpg

The only complaint I have is that my dial doesn't seem to be spot on straight. It's shifted slightly to the left. You can kinda tell from this pic (notice how the marker above the 12 is a bit shifted compared to the bezel marker).

200981-1636.jpg

I plan on wearing the snot of it. After reading joe's pressure testing post I have no qualms swimming, boating, or snorkeling with it...and I plan on do all of that this summer.

cheers,

-- m

cool pics, yep my dial is slighly crooked as well , just enough to bug u eh, i just noticed it this afternoon, lol also it appears they got carried away on your dial lume like mine to , lmao but overall it is one hell of a watch, i have a blue rubber coming for mine i cant wait , whehew

enjoy it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

joe

cool pics, yep my dial is slighly crooked as well , just enough to bug u eh, i just noticed it this afternoon, lol also it appears they got carried away on your dial lume like mine to , lmao but overall it is one hell of a watch, i have a blue rubber coming for mine i cant wait , whehew

enjoy it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

joe

Thanks. I'll live with the dial...for now. I'll keep an eye out for the fix, that I'm sure you'll discover. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

-- m

The AR looks really good, looks like you could touch the dial in this picture...........

Yep...it tends to do that. The crystal is almost invisible at times.

@rbj69 -- Yep, it guess the lume has it's good and bad points. It actually seems to be just like yours in uniformity, but the glow is really impressive. The only thing that I can think the watch needs (from my viewpoint) is a good relume and a the dial straightening. So, I'll probably send it off to get these things done after I see your finished product. :)

-- m

It's strange because the dial is too far round, but the date looks centred? If the dial is straightened out won't make the date look out of line?

Now that you've mentioned it...yep I think you're right. Something else is going on. I'm no expert though. I just thought it was the dial at first, but maybe it's the metal ring that the bezel rotates around on. It might be a bit off center causing a visual effect.

I dunno. I know something is off a bit. Not much, just a hair.

The more i look at it the harder it is to see!

Sometimes my Planet Ocean bezel doesnt align properly, where it is inbetween 'clicks'. Can you move the bezel around anti-clockwise a hair, without it clicking? This is what I have to do with my planet ocean sometimes.

It is really hard to tell what is slightly misaligned here though! (dial or bezel)

I really wouldnt have noticed it unless it was pointed out.

Sometimes my Planet Ocean bezel doesnt align properly, where it is inbetween 'clicks'. Can you move the bezel around anti-clockwise a hair, without it clicking? This is what I have to do with my planet ocean sometimes.

I think you're right. The 12 o'clock marker doesn't seem to align properly when lined up with the bezel ring's divet. Give it one click clockwise and it is almost aligned but not quite, give it another click and it is too far off. I wonder if it can be fixed somehow by removing the bezel and reseating or slightly moving the bezel ring?

Anyway, I'm glad that's what it is instead of the dial being misaligned.

-- m

• 6 months later...
I think you're right. The 12 o'clock marker doesn't seem to align properly when lined up with the bezel ring's divet. Give it one click clockwise and it is almost aligned but not quite, give it another click and it is too far off. I wonder if it can be fixed somehow by removing the bezel and reseating or slightly moving the bezel ring?

Anyway, I'm glad that's what it is instead of the dial being misaligned.

-- m

Guys, any issues wearing this in the Ocean (salt water) ? I guess a rinse in freshwater afterwards would be ok.