When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ot : Do You Think It Is Kinda Of Over The Top To Drive A Bmw ?

wadan

II'm coming out of a BMW 540i...It's a great car to drive, but was not very reliable, and was very expensive to maintain. I think that BMW now features a 4 yr, full maintainance warranty. Here in the US, the warranty is necessary in order to compete with the Japanese luxury brands.

BMW......BIG MONEY WEEKLY

BMW = Big meaty weapon ( penis substitute )

BMW = B***k man's wheels ( penis substitute )

Ford = Found on roadside dead

Ford = Fix or repair daily

Fiat = Fix it again Tony

Lotus = Lots of trouble usually serious

Personally......if the 'buyer' is concerned over 'image'......he could do worse than buy a Honda Accord.......Audi A4 is a good choice also......but in the UK ....Passat has a good track record......!

Edited by TTK

Bimmer = Car

Beemer (or Beamer) = Motorcycle

This must be a US-thing. The cars and bikes are Beemers where I'm from. Either that or I'm not surrounded by "BMW Enthusiasts", for which I must admit to being grateful. :D

The term "beemer" started as an acronym for the abbreviation "BMW," adapted from the early-20th century British pronunciation of BSA (as "beeser" or "beezer"), whose motorcycles were often racing BMWs. Over time, the term became closely associated with BMW motorcycles.

The term "bimmer" was later coined to refer (exclusively) to BMW automobiles. As such, use of the word "beemer" to refer to a BMW automobile is frowned upon by some BMW enthusiasts, because it is the term used for motorcycles. Although the distinction is completely arbitrary, to this day, the media, movies, and most people still use the term "beemer" to refer to the automobiles. Interestingly, in the German language, the common pronunciation of the term "bimmer" is "beemer."

The initials BMW are pronounced "beh emm veh" in German. The model series are referred to as "Dreier" ("Three-er" for 3 series), "Fünfer" ("Five-er" for the 5 series), "Sechser" ("Six-er" for the 6 series) and "Siebener" ("Seven-er" for the 7 series).

I wouldn't put money on that.......I had a 750iL.....( how appropriate that moniker was "0iL".....it sure drank enough refined oil..).......the fargin' talking diagnostics used to bug the life out of me....."boing".....rear tailight failed...!.....eh NO.........."boing".......front headlamp failed.....eh NO......'boing" ....left rear tyre pressure low.....eh NO.......fargin' thing drove me mental.......plus......when it got about 50k on it......the clang from the starter motor....when firing up.....it sounded like a 250,000 mile Trabant........POS.......I would buy another tho'..... :D

the problem is you shoot to high lol... go with a 330 CI fewer electronic gadgets and runs like a beast.

great peformance car.

I think what everyone is saying is yes, maybe driving a BMW can be kinda over the top, but let's face it, the 3-series isn't really a BMW.

hmmm. that is interesting... where i come from a 3 series absolulutely is a BMW.... in fact i kind of think that is what most people think of around here when they here 'beemer'. Perhaps it is different in europe,

This must be a US-thing. The cars and bikes are Beemers where I'm from. Either that or I'm not surrounded by "BMW Enthusiasts", for which I must admit to being grateful.

never heard that one either...

Possibly in Yarhoo Nebraska

But in the UK & the rest of the planet

No it dont

:animal_rooster:

Uhhh, OK... Let's write a letter to the editor, and see what he says ;)

205127-646.jpg

If doesn't matter anyway..."Bimmer" sounds like "Beemer" in German :thumbsupsmileyanim:

hmmm. that is interesting... where i come from a 3 series absolulutely is a BMW.... in fact i kind of think that is what most people think of around here when they here 'beemer'. Perhaps it is different in europe,

Yeah, here it means 5s and 7s. People buy 3-series to aspire to be seen as someone who owns a 5-series.

Uhhh, OK... Let's write a letter to the editor, and see what he says ;)

Yup, a US-magazine. :D