When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to report an EBay scam

jraines87

• 6 months later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...

And Ebay doesn't give a rat's butt. I've reported several outright scams and have watches every single one of the auctions go through to completion. Some of these I reported a week before the closing date and they sold like nothing was wrong. I've never received any response from Ebay other than the message you get thanking you for reporting it. They could care less about fraud, all they care about is the fees. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 2:38 PM, RoyalWithCheese:) said:

Ebay will only close a listing down if the authorized dealer contacts them, because then they have a legal obligation to. Otherwise they would rather collect the seller fees. 

I believe you are correct. I reported a Cartier that was on EBay for the ridiculously low starting price of 250.00 USD. It sold for 600.00 USD , and then appeared as a relisting a day later. It later sold again for 631.00 USD. Obviously the first buyer figured out it was a fake. It is obviously fake, numbers were all wrong, build quality bad and of course the usual "I got this watch as a gift, no box or papers" !! This is the usual scam along with blurry slightly out of focus photos. Took forever to figure out how to report it directly, finally went to the EBay community forum and got help there. Also reported it to Cartier with an explanation and listing #.

Ebay is not doing anything to make sure that fake merchandise is being sold. The only thing that will stop it is a few massive lawsuits lost and then maybe they will listen when people report a fake product.

And just and aside, AMAZON is getting just as bad. It's riddled with fake merchandise, mostly from 3rd party sellers. You have to be really careful on AMAZON now. 

• Like 1