When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Golf Equipment

Mickey Padge

I was over on replicacollector and Kenberg made a really cool offer to sell golfing equipment. His exact post was as follows:

I just want to put the feelers out there to get an idea on how many would be interested in golf equipment.

These are supposed to come from the actual factories that produce the genuine items so are not in fact replica but still much cheaper than over the counter buys.

Your interest can range from a set of golf balls up to a full set of name brand (Callaway, Taylormade, Ping etc....) of clubs with bag.

Please don't start asking for orders as their is still a lot of checking out to be done before I sell these, so as I stated just give me a yea or nay for now.

Cheers

Ken

Unfortunately a member over there crapped on the thread and soured the whole deal. Now I myself would LOVE to get my hands on some quality golfing gear at a much more attractive price, who wouldn't :)

As the thread never had the chance to air on the forums over there, so to speak, I thought I would give it a chance over here :D

If enough people are interested I am hopeful we could change Kenbergs mind. The thread over at replicacollector is still open, but I imagine it will be deleted soon, because Kenberg requested it. Have a peek to see if it's still there..........

So what do you guys think? Anyone want to show off their latest rep while putting divots in their local golf course :p:)

Cheers :D

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see the ball rolling on this again. It seems the old thread in the other forum has gone now.

I would like to pick up a #3 wood with a view to getting a full or half set of irons after that, with bag. That way I could see the quality of the #3 wood and make a decision based from that.

I hope others will lend there support, it would be cool to get some golf equipment here, even if it's just a club or some balls :p:D

Cheers :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ok I am really sorely tempred to run with this after last night when I received confirmation from the supplier that should anyones goods get held by customs he will re-send.

Just a little more checking out and I may add some to my sales.

Ken

Ok I am really sorely tempred to run with this after last night when I received confirmation from the supplier that should anyones goods get held by customs he will re-send.

Just a little more checking out and I may add some to my sales.

Ken

Now that is fantastic news indeed :D

What more could be asked for? Consider me at the front of the que if this comes to fruition.....

By the way, if the clubs don't drop 6 to 7 shots off my game can I get a full refund Kenberg? :p:lol:;)

I'm definitely in, can't wait for the spring and warm weather so I can get back out there..

Too bad work takes up too much of my time.... :angry:

Very good point, the fine weather will soon be upon us :) and I am, after all is said and done, a fair weather golfer :p

With luck, the timing of this could be just right for the three or four days of sunshine in August that constitutes a British summer :lol:

Not to rain on anyones parade here, but has anyone personally bought a set of fake golf clubs. I bought a set of fake Callaway X18s. They were awful, looked just like the real things but the weight and feel of the clubs were way off. I went to to the range with my friend that had the same real Callaway X18s and what a difference. I had my friend randomly give me a club so I didnt know which one was the real X18 or the fake one. I was averaging about 10 yards farther with the authentic ones....also my normal ball flight is a little draw and with the fake clubs i hand no idea where they were going....draw, slice, fade, hook, straight....it just wasnt consistant.

In my opinion, i would stay away from replica clubs, they just don't match up to the quality of authentic clubs.

Not to rain on anyones parade here, but has anyone personally bought a set of fake golf clubs. I bought a set of fake Callaway X18s. They were awful, looked just like the real things but the weight and feel of the clubs were way off. I went to to the range with my friend that had the same real Callaway X18s and what a difference. I had my friend randomly give me a club so I didnt know which one was the real X18 or the fake one. I was averaging about 10 yards farther with the authentic ones....also my normal ball flight is a little draw and with the fake clubs i hand no idea where they were going....draw, slice, fade, hook, straight....it just wasnt consistant.

In my opinion, i would stay away from replica clubs, they just don't match up to the quality of authentic clubs.

I was under the impression that the equipment Kenberg may be offering is NOT replica. If you read my first post where I quoted him, you will see that :)

I am interested in getting ONE club first with a view to buying a set if the quality is good, as I posted before.

My brother is a pro golfer (not on tour :p but club pro instructor) I will see what he thinks of the club obviously.........

Anyway it is early days yet and I am sure Kenberg will run his eye over what the quality is like before he starts offering equipment for sale.

Cheers :D

And of course this is correct these clubs will come from the factories that make the genuine items, the seller has also offered to allow my customers to buy one club to check the quality before buying the set.

And yes this is now offically a go, I just need time to organise the sales I need to put up for these and you will all find them on 'Bergies Belts'

Cheers

Ken