When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Lume Animation

SF_Mike

Here is a time lapse animation I took last night showing my 111H which just got back from a super lume job. Took this with some ambient light so it may not do it justice, but you get the idea.

You can use this to compare to a LV from Trusty and a PO from TTK

19064-2673.gif

Here is a time lapse animation I took last night showing my 111H which just got back from a super lume job. Took this with some ambient light so it may not do it justice, but you get the idea.

You can use this to compare to a LV from Trusty and a PO from TTK

19087-2670.gif

nice work. Thanks for posting!

were the other watches "stock" or lumed?

The other watches are "stock", only the 111 has super lume. Take a look at the end of the sequence, the 111 is the only one you can see the dial on. There was a tiny bit of ambient light and exposure could have been longer so if I change that you might see a more dramatic effect.

How come the hands on the Panerai are the only ones that move? What a joke that the lume only lasts a couple of hours. My gen Omega SMP would last throughout the night.

I used the hacking feature on the other 2 to stop the second hand. When you are using a long exposure the second hand will blur when moving and ruin the picture.

The Superlume does last all night, but I wanted to keep exposure consistent for the time lapse. If I adjusted exposure over time (like your pupil adjusts in the dark) you would be able to see a bigger difference. This was done mainly to show how much faster the "standard" lume fades. Woke up around 6 this morning in the dark and was able to read the time without any trouble from about 3 feet away. No way I could do that on the other ones.

This one might help, it's a detail of the last photo (which is after 1 hour in the dark), with shadow adjusted by 2% in photoshop. You start to notice a huge difference with the superlume. I'll try to take a shot in complete darkness in the next few days, that should be even more noticeable.

19671-2554.jpg

Very good indeed...Where does Mr The Zigmeister located?..Im from Australia...might think to relume my Panerai Logo ...cheers...and how much it cost to relume and change the pin ?

thanks

contact The Zigmeisterzumba, he will have your answers