When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Want to buy a panerai genuine, which one??

artoero

No Panerai or watch for that matter is a good investment. If you are looking to take money and increase it by some percentage...invest your money in a CD or IRA or some other long term investment that will have a nice ROI.

A watch is something you buy that you will enjoy and hope that if you needed to sell it...you might get what you initially invested. Perhaps Rolex is the only brand that will go up in value. Panerai is close. Oh, I forgot Patek too...

If it were me...i'd get a PAM that can't be copied.

The 8days is a great watch, but no way will he get one for 4-4.5k

I think Panerai prices will be slumping as the air goes out of the tires, even the previous 'good investments' are dropping in price like rocks... Look at the 192, has come down in price by 3-4k in the last year.

Bottom line, like Whatch-A-Doin? says, watches are not a good investment. They may hold their value (rare), but the ones that go up (if at all), and we can predict, are the expensive ones that are limited in production and they command a high purchase value in the first place.

I bought my 91 at a pretty good price, but that was a few thousand less than it sold for, I probably would get my mula back, maybe even a little more if I sold it, but I'll keep it for a few more years... It could be worth more then or it may be worth tiddleywinks... who knows... Look at some of the pricey ones now, the 036 and some of the Pre-As... I wish I got on the boat back then!

I wish I could turn the clock back and bought the Patek 3712 I wanted. I held out too long, passed up on 2 at ADs with discounts, and now they're going for insane prices. :(

You can never be too sure about watch prices. They are worth different prices every now and then. Late last year, most FP Journe tourbillons on the secondhand market were going for something like $65,000, but most recent sample I'm seeing are $72,000 and above.

Hi Guys

Thanks for your input, the question was which one I should buy for that money. I understand that it is not a growing investment, only for my willy... :whistling:

For that money, which pam is worth the money, But you guys think that it is not worth the money?

thanks

artoero

Hi Guys

Thanks for your input, the question was which one I should buy for that money. I understand that it is not a growing investment, only for my willy... :whistling:

For that money, which pam is worth the money, But you guys think that it is not worth the money?

thanks

artoero

Well, if it's not for an investment, then get the one you like the best. :) For that price you can get many different styles. Which style do you like? I have (or had) a PAM024, PAM104, PAM111, PAM090.....I liked them all. It just depends on what you like, so make up a short list of the ones you like and then we can give you better input. :)

Well, if it's not for an investment, then get the one you like the best. :) For that price you can get many different styles. Which style do you like? I have (or had) a PAM024, PAM104, PAM111, PAM090.....I liked them all. It just depends on what you like, so make up a short list of the ones you like and then we can give you better input. :)

I am thinking about the pam 88, because there is no replica of that available, but a watch with an open back is also nice. I don't like the radiomir, and I also like the submercibles.

So it is difficult for me pffff :wounded1:

Go with a simpel rolex sub or sea-dweller!!! Pams are over priced...

No, no rolex, everybody is walking with rolex over here, and here in holland it has a bad reputation, oh it is a rolex? it is fake...

I like panerai, it is simple, cool and much people in holland have never heard of it!

Go with a simpel rolex sub or sea-dweller!!! Pams are over priced...

I think Rolex is overpriced too but at least you get an in-house propriatary movement. PAMs use others movements and for that...they are overpriced.

My only gen watch is a SS Sea Dweller. I wouldnt buy a gen PAM mainly because the models I like are over 5g. I personally don't care that they make limited runs so they can charge an arm and leg for them.

I'd rather buy a Breitling that uses other movements but aren't so easlity copied.