When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Horror Museum: the worst possible reps

Stephane

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I dindn't get that :mellow:

Sorry, Applewave is a dealer who sells low-end watches for about $40-60. Given the price and look of the Panerai, I wondered if that was who you'd bought it from. If you google his name, an auction site is one of the first results. They're the dealer who I bought my fiance's J12 and my 2531.80 project watch from. I've seen him get bad reviews on other forums, but I've found him (as a person) very nice and professional to do business with. Sure, the watches aren't fantatic, but for $60, I wasn't expecting a 1:1 rep :D

Sorry, Applewave is a dealer who sells low-end watches for about $40-60. Given the price and look of the Panerai, I wondered if that was who you'd bought it from. If you google his name, an auction site is one of the first results. They're the dealer who I bought my fiance's J12 and my 2531.80 project watch from. I've seen him get bad reviews on other forums, but I've found him (as a person) very nice and professional to do business with. Sure, the watches aren't fantatic, but for $60, I wasn't expecting a 1:1 rep :D

Hmmm, I see. I checked it and yes it pretty cheap what is sells but that was not my source...

Mine was a "one time" chinese seller of eBay (that disappeared the day after after I contact him).

He sent me to a crazy site with all the watches that he could get and I poked twice: maybe one of the reps could have been not to bad, but the idea was to get them in hands to actually touch the difference with our dealers watches.

The kind of site I visited looked like this : http://www.pickyourgoods.com/productdisplay.php?sortid=3

Having said that the bracelets of the Rolex are quite good. Spare parts at least ;-)

Stay tuned I have a nery very bad rep of a B&M Capeland S for later :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I see. I checked it and yes it pretty cheap what is sells but that was not my source...

Mine was a "one time" chinese seller of eBay (that disappeared the day after after I contact him).

He sent me to a crazy site with all the watches that he could get and I poked twice: maybe one of the reps could have been not to bad, but the idea was to get them in hands to actually touch the difference with our dealers watches.

The kind of site I visited looked like this : http://www.pickyourgoods.com/productdisplay.php?sortid=3

Having said that the bracelets of the Rolex are quite good. Spare parts at least ;-)

Stay tuned I have a nery very bad rep of a B&M Capeland S for later :rolleyes:

Fair enough, it was admitedly a long shot. It could well be that they get their watches from the same supplier... I'm going to be ordering a 007 Aniversary watch from him so I can use the bezel and hands for my project watch.

Looking forward to seeing the next watch ;)

OK, let's continue to post horrors, which is in my thought, bad reps...not specially very hugly watches :rolleyes:

In one of the pack I got from that one shot chinese seller of ebay, I got a rep of a Baume & Mercier 8502 (Capeland S).

The gen looks like this:

216295-15504.jpg

I have always looked at two brands: Jlc and B&M.

The reason is that my mother had a JLC (Joaillerie) and my dad a B&M (full gold).

Now that they both passed away, I decided to buy a "modern" Gen one (that you can find in the trade area by the way).

It looks like this

216295-15505.jpg

Now, the fun is that I do not really wear that gen and of course do not wear the Capeland rep neither.

Let's look at the very bad B&M rep now @ 40$:

216295-15506.jpg

Did you pay attention to the great sub dial @12 ? Cool no ? I have no idea what that is measuring ! :animal_rooster:

But, when you press a chrono button, the hand is turning, and quite fast, "Fasten your seat belt"

216295-15507.jpg

The sub dial @6 is funny too :bounce:

The not sweeping seconds are in fact the middle hand (the one that is suppose to be used for chrono features)

216295-15508.jpg

What a lovely crown :bangin:

216295-15509.jpg

And of course, this is a waterproof watch up to 1000 M. Lucky I am...the gen is only 200 M :brow: .

I must say two positive things: the strap is great looking and the time keeping is great: it's a Quartz movement, which of course is not accurate at all!

Having said all this, I will never wear it but will keep it because it's too much fun.

Cheers

Stephane

• 2 weeks later...
Reg - that crown looks a little oversized to me, and maybe the 9 marker too, can't believe you resisted buying that for the novelty factor :D

Thats what comes of being spoiled here on the forums :whistling:

If I bought every crap one like this 'just for laughs' Id need several shipping containers to get them home

:animal_rooster:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wore this one this afternoon. It was a gift. And I am proud to wear it. It keeps good time. I've had it for a few years. Are they in on the gag? I think they aren't.

The only time I got called out was by a hoodrat at a bar who asked me the time - but it was over a different watch. She glanced at the time on my genuine 1675 and then she exclaimed: "that sh*t is fake, there ain't no Rolex with plastic glass".

244450-8880.jpg

My good old Bjeitling.. :whistling:

244476-8855.jpg

From eBay: Poljot based Daytona replica.. Far from the real deal, but actually with a true mechanical chronograph movement.

244476-8856.jpg

Lastly. The famous limited speed-divers "OYS TER" Daytona with gas escape valve. :)

244476-8857.jpg

Here's one I bought recently from Narikaa. It's a fine example of reps that dealers assume they'll never sell. :D

You need to be exceedingly pimp to get one of these. I'm pimp enough. Are you?

244482-8849.jpg

Come on, who's your daddy?

244482-8850.jpg

"My [censored] better have my money

Through rain, sleet, or snow

My [censored] better have my money

Not half, not some, but all my cash

'Cause if she don't,

I'm gonna put my foot in her ass."

Flyguy, 1988.