When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

where is a good source for parts since ofrei is insane?

flavor flav

as the title says... The Zigmeister i know you don't use ofrei so i wonder where is the best source for parts? i asked ofrei for some 6497 stems for some projects i'm working on and you wouldn't believe the answer these a$$holes had for me :black_eye: they wanted to charge my credit card $15 to look up part numbers for me... then i called back and they have some chick this time who speaks little broken english and didn't understand a thing i asked her.... i'm done with them!

i have actually made the pilgrimage there a couple times looking for vintage seiko parts...

they are as polite and helpful :rolleyes: in person as they are on the phone and are just as likely to refuse to sell you something they have in stock as they are to sell it to you!

but it was entertaining :p

I could use the PM as well.

OFREI SUCKS!

Unfortunately, they are the only ones with some of these parts. The way they treat customers though, well let's put it this way, they ain't winning no J.D. Power award. I actually wonder how they manage to stay in business. It is unfortunate, because they could be such a resource to collectors if they'd get their head out of their a$$.

/Tim

www.julesborel.com is pretty good, also cousins material house in the UK.

I'll second Jules Borel. If you set up an account with them you get access to their online database of parts for nearly every movement ever made. You just pick the caliber you need parts for and a list of parts is produced, you can just click the part you want to add it to your cart. Their database is a great resource. Folks I've talked to on the phone have always been cordial and they usually ship the same day you order.

Jules Borel is really good, especially once your registered and can browse the movement parts section. Cousins in the UK is good as well.

As I have reported for almost two years, Bob Frei is an [censored], plain and simple, he phoned me at home to personally "Scold" me and "Educate" me on his business, how much he hates people that don't know how to order stuff, and just about everything else of his problems etc... I listened to his rant for an hour, it was funny as hell.

The $15 charge to check if they have the parts in stock is normal, imagine going into home depot, asking

"Where do you keep the gyprock screws"

And getting this answer

"We do have gyprock screws, but for us to tell you where they are, it will cost you $15..."

How anyone who has a supply business, and can justify charging people to check if they have parts in stock, is beyond me...I hope the day comes when he has burned all his bridges and [censored] off everyone and goes [censored] up.

After ordering $1000's of parts from Ofrei via email etc, this is the email response Bob sent to me, and I told him to go to hell...and have been spreading the word ever since to anyone who will listen, Ofrei STAY Away from them...

BOB Frei's message to me, cut and paste.

Who? What?,,,,

Is this new order.....

I cannot tell....

Still my life is to complex as it is.....

If it is an old order it will arrive and ship to you as soon as

possible.

If this is a new email order my policy toward that is on the home page

of

www.ofrei.com

At www.ofrei.com and am in no way trying to conduct business for parts

now

on-line via email.

I will not take orders for watch parts via email.......I have to much

to do

as it is...

I have to read email 24 hours a day now for the past five years almost

every

waking minute....most of this is done at home at all hours....at the

office

I am running around round filling orders/ ordering product checking in

product, instructing employees, talking on phone....who in a warehouse

with

600,000 watch parts and 16,000 tools and parts on-line ...with all the

above

jobs who can sit on their ass and write emails?

RG

As I have reported for almost two years, Bob Frei is an [censored], plain and simple, he phoned me at home to personally "Scold" me and "Educate" me on his business, how much he hates people that don't know how to order stuff, and just about everything else of his problems etc... I listened to his rant for an hour, it was funny as hell.

I think it is mainly email itself that sends Bob off the deep end. He makes you jump through all sorts of chutes and ladders before he is even willing to accept an email from a customer. It has been my experience that he will usually respond if you follow his lengthy instructions to the letter.

Usually, he refers callers to one of his subordinates (who often end up as relays, having to ask Bob for answers to callers' questions). But, to be fair, I have had a couple of very helpful conversations with him on those occasions when he was the one that answered the phone. And I have also had a couple emails similar to yours and one that had me wondering if it wasn't copied from the back of a Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap bottle (and anyone who is familiar with Dr. Bronner's knows we are talking MAJOR WEIRD here).

Is there any supplier of parts that can source gen Tag Heuer parts ? I'm looking for seconds hand for my Carrera, since I have spare swiss 7750, and would like to swap A7750 with it, but am a bit scared about doing hand mod for adjusting it to swiss movement.

bye,

Ivan

• 1 month later...
Sorry, but what is the point of PMing this information when so many ppl need it?!

Isnt the whole point of a forum to post this info publically?!

dont mean to sound rude, i'm just confussed.

Guys,

My PM to ff, was just that I may have a couple to help him with, not of a particular supplier.

Offshore

:rolleyes:

NO-ONE IS PMING MEMBERS WITH SECRET INFORMATION!

Sheesh, TT had a couple of parts spare and offered them to the poster. He didn't pass on the holy grail of secret ETA supplies ...

There are several parts suppliers mentioned in this post.

Here you go:

In the US, use Jules Borel. http://www.julesborel.com/

In the UK/EU, use Cousins. http://www.cousinsuk.com/

Oh, and some people are getting ETA datewheels from http://watchpart.co.uk/

Happy?

I remember The Zigmeister's email from a while back - interesting stuff.

I gotta say that Ofrei is not really the way to go.

They were much better to deal with when they were known as "Frei & Borel" 7+ years ago.

Anyhow, Oakland has better things than Frei & Co... Take the Golden State Warriors for instance! :victory:

• 1 month later...

Hilarious. He did the exact same thing to me, twice. I have ordered $2000+ worth of tools and who knows how much in parts from him and he called me to [censored] at me for "wasting his time" when he couldn't figure out which caseback screws I needed. The funny thing is, (even though I did give him the correct info) he spent at least 20 minutes bitching at me for "wasting his time". If his time is so valuable, how come he has the time to call customers out of the blue and yell at them? He's a nut. Borel all the way since then. They are fast, the ladies are sweet on the phone, and they carry or can get most anything for you.

Edited by Amplitude

Looks to me like Bob Frei and a certain 'Klink' might be related..

Ofrei STAY Away from them...

BOB Frei's message to me, cut and paste.

RG

Who? What?,,,,

Is this new order.....

I cannot tell....

Still my life is to complex as it is.....

If it is an old order it will arrive and ship to you as soon as

possible.

If this is a new email order my policy toward that is on the home page

of

www.ofrei.com

At www.ofrei.com and am in no way trying to conduct business for parts

now

on-line via email.

I will not take orders for watch parts via email.......I have to much

to do

as it is...