When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica pens

krim

@Pug : what's your feeling about the box ? Was there a booklet with it ?

There was no booklet.

Pity that they can't rep the gen quill (hope it's the correct word)

The word you're looking for is Nib.

For all the English-as-a-second-language (and some less edumacated English-as-a-first-language :whistling: ) members, all the terms for pens parts of are described here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_pen

I hope that helps.

It's not a big deal actually, but I now think all these Copernicus have that. It's probably due to the printing method used or the ink itself. I must say I saw the same on Sash pics, in his section (yes I've been there this morning !! :-)), at least I have this feeling (it's not that obvious on the pics). Globally however, these Copernicus give an excellent feeling (weight and finishing, except the boxes/booklets >> sorry, some may say I'm too demanding :unsure: ). I don't know how they are against gens.

Now that I've seen the SS Boheme, I think I NEED one : to marry with my black Boheme :-)

That's a bad thread... I did not imagine I would be suddendly caught by MB pens' fever.

BTW, nowadays all gen have a serial number. What about the reps ?

Erm, not so true on that... ;) In fact, dealers like Kenberg, Jay, Josh, Andrew all have MBs which take in the gen refills. Even the rep ones which come with the pens write pretty well, I must say... :meeting:

I am happy to stand corrected here, I obviously am wrong and was basing my assumptions on the little that I read of old threads. Good to know there are options as prices do vary a bit. Both Ken's and Sash pens look real nice.

I love fine pens and have bought some rep pens over time, here's the rundown:

ST Dupont FP, black with gold cap from Neil - cosmetically superb, nice and heavy weight, the nib is super bold, scratchy, doesn't write well.

MB Le Grand BP, black and silver from Narikaa - cosmetically superb, takes generic refills only, the steel tip just came off, unglued, I have to glue it back on. I enjoy writing using this pen because of its large size and thickness.

MB Copernicus RB, black and silver from Neil - cosmetically wonderful, super heavy and big, takes gen refills. My favorite pen, thanks Neil!

MB Copernicus FP, black and silver from Neil - beautiful pen, writes very well for a rep FP, I gave it as a Christmas present 2005, I may have to get one of these.

MB Fitzgerald FP from WackoBirdKeeper (RWI forum) - cosmetically terrible, many flaws in the finish, a huge chunk of black paint came off the pen, yuck. Surprisingly writes well.

MB Boheme RB, silver from Sash - cosmetically nice, does not weigh enough, feels a bit plasticky. Takes gen refills, so writes well.

The one thing that happens to these pens is, the black finish wears off the threads and shows the brass underneath, happens to all of them.

Also, the MB star on the tops of these pens is NEVER rendered well, a giveaway flaw, I'm afraid.

MB Boheme RB, silver from Sash - cosmetically nice, does not weigh enough, feels a bit plasticky. Takes gen refills, so writes well.

Hi Rek001,

I'm currently purchasing one of it. Which modell do you speak of (Steel one ?)

Also, the MB star on the tops of these pens is NEVER rendered well, a giveaway flaw, I'm afraid.

I fully agree (I have "only" 2 reps and both have an issue there)

And it wouldn't be so difficult to have a white (not yellow or grey) smooth and even logo. Especially on MB, it is fully part of the look and one of the first thing you will notice.

I'm happy you like the Copernicus too, that just makes me feel even better on the choice I did myself. :yeah:

As it's a rainy sunday, it's the ideal moment for some shots...

218629-15105.jpg

218629-15106.jpg

Hi Pix, it is the same one as ilovepanerai has, with the engraved lines running lengthwise of the pen.

By accident I received a different style Boheme RB from Sash, it was supposed to go to someone else. It was also silver, but with etched rings going around it.

It too felt a bit light.

I just took out and wrote with the Boheme from Sash, and I'd like to say that it really is a nice pen, it does have more weight than I remember.

I like sterling silver accessories, and this pen is quite elegant and striking, I do highly recommend it.

I just took out and wrote with the Boheme from Sash, and I'd like to say that it really is a nice pen, it does have more weight than I remember.

I like sterling silver accessories, and this pen is quite elegant and striking, I do highly recommend it.

SOLD! ;)