When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seiko Diver 200

Golfman

I have the same steel/rubber options for my Monsters. When it's being worn with day-to-day clothes, I use the steel. When I'm being outdoorsy, I use the rubber or the NATO.

I love the choice. :D

@ Pug

The black monster, I finally got it on eBay today for a reasonable price. Took a while.

Is there a steel bracelet for it ?

I know there is a Nato obvioulsy :rolleyes:

@ All, it's Pugs picture ;-)

Ze Black Monster

218782-15066.jpg

218782-15067.jpg

Cheers

Stephane

I have the same steel/rubber options for my Monsters. When it's being worn with day-to-day clothes, I use the steel. When I'm being outdoorsy, I use the rubber or the NATO.

I love the choice. :D

The Nato is good looking too :D

I agree with you that ss strap is more dressy but in fact, if i want to wear a full ss watch i have the Sub and the PO !!

In fact i think that i gonna wear it with rubber strap as my dedicated sport watch ;)

DAMN...after seeing Pug's photos of the 'Black Monster'...I ordered it yesterday with the SS band.

Thennnnn I found a couple of great sites selling aftermarket rubber and kevlar straps, and ordered two different rubber straps to fit the Monster.

The prices on the net varied from seller to seller, but I was able to pick this guy up for under 160.00USD. I do own a couple of other seikos that don't get all that much wrist time, that are quartz...but the Monster is automatic. Looks like a great watch for the price. Now when I go diving I can leave the 024 at home and actually wear a watch in the ocean.

I will post some terrible 'fuzzy' shots to compliment Pugs shots when I get it.

In fact i think that i gonna wear it with rubber strap as my dedicated sport watch ;)

I bought my Black Monster by mistake, sort of. I had a few eBay bids in and I thought I'd get outbid. A friend of mine said he'd be very interested, but as soon as I got it it felt sporty and made me go into the garage and get my bicycle fixed up. It's my real sports watch, just like yours.

DAMN...after seeing Pug's photos of the 'Black Monster'...I ordered it yesterday with the SS band.

Thennnnn I found a couple of great sites selling aftermarket rubber and kevlar straps, and ordered to different rubber straps to fit the Monster.

The prices on the net varied from seller to seller, but I was able to pick this guy up for under 160.00USD. I do own a couple of other seikos that don't get all that much wrist time, that are quartz...but the Monster is automatic. Looks like a great watch for the price. Now when I go diving I can leave the 024 at home and actually wear a watch in the ocean.

I will post some terrible 'fuzzy' shots to compliment Pugs shots when I get it.

Jeez guys, after seeing all these pictures I had to get one for myself .... so I did manage to snatch orange on SS one for 144$ delivered :bounce: which is great considering that is little more then I pay for PAMs w/asian 6497s. It should be here in some two weeks, so I'll post some pics when that happens.

So next thing is to get some sporty straps - @jeff if you can give us some links to these sites you found for aftermarket straps, that would be nice :whistling:

There is original Seiko rubber for 25$ on ebay - is that fair price, or should I keep looking ?

bye,

Ivan

After looking at quite a few aftermarket strap sites for a rubber or kevlar strap for the Monster,

(I did not like the standard Seiko divers strap) I did find one really nice site in the UK that had some really interesting variations of rubber and silicone divers. The paperwork is at my other computer station..but I will find it and post it asap. Most of the prices were in the neighborhood of 25.00USD

After looking at quite a few aftermarket strap sites for a rubber or kevlar strap for the Monster,

(I did not like the standard Seiko divers strap) I did find one really nice site in the UK that had some really interesting variations of rubber and silicone divers. The paperwork is at my other computer station..but I will find it and post it asap. Most of the prices were in the neighborhood of 25.00USD

Cool. Thanks. Any Natos ? or is Kevlar = Nato ?

Cheers

Stephane

Hey Guys,

I recently bought a 007 Seiko with both the rubber and SS oyster bracelet. I really like the watch with the SS. It is a very soild piece, with awesome lume, and I would recommend it to anyone as a key piece for their collection. I have several watches and get just as many admiring comments from the 007 as my Breitling Chrono Avenger or my LV sub. The Seiko is good stuff...

Here are(is) the site(s) that I found with a variety of really nice rubber straps.

Evidently they are down for a few days, but nevertheless you can view some of thier selections.

After doing an exhaustive search (hours), I think that they seem to have the best selection of rubber dive straps, at reasonable prices.

www.watchworx.co.uk

or:

www.thestrapshop.co.uk.

Good luck.

Here are(is) the site(s) that I found with a variety of really nice rubber straps.

Evidently they are down for a few days, but nevertheless you can view some of thier selections.

After doing an exhaustive search (hours), I think that they seem to have the best selection of rubber dive straps, at reasonable prices.

www.watchworx.co.uk

or:

www.thestrapshop.co.uk.

Good luck.

Many thanks as I just won an auction on Ebay..great

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

What straps go on monster 20 or 22 mm? I thought 20, but some sites that sell straps are selling 22 mm straps for it :g: Just want to be sure, since I will probably order a strap before my arrives ...

20mm for the Monster, 22mm for some other Seiko divers.

Bought my Seiko 2 weeks ago with the ss strap, and the diver strap yesterday (i think it's better for beach, sea and sun :lol: )

Which combo do you prefer ?

223012-13947.jpg

223012-13948.jpg

I'm a bracelet man myself, very rarely wear anything on a strap, but that rubber strap really suits the style of the watch, so I say rubber.

www.watchworx.co.uk

or:

www.thestrapshop.co.uk.

Good luck.

Thanks Jeff. Beauties out there.

Cheers

Stephane

I like the SKX-007 on a Nato G-10 strap or a simple 22mm military nylon dive strap.

The SKX-007 is one of the best watches made. And yes, I am very serious about this statement.

I've got 2 of them... They are rugged as hell and very customizable.

Here's a pic of my custom PVD 007...

223061-13941.jpg