When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean 45mm

TeeJay

These're the best shots I have of my 42mm from happier times before it had to be sent away to get fixed... I tried on the LE 45 PO a while back and while it did dwarf the 2254.50 I looked at, I didn't think it looked ludicrously large on my wrist. If I was to get one, it would be on resin Daniel Craig-style, not SS like the one I have... Yay or Nay, I certainly won't be offended.

220056-14764.jpg

220056-14765.jpg

To be honest, I'm not too sure. I've always thought my wrist were quite slim. The angle on the first picture is a bit odd, and I know the other one is quite small, but look at it this way. I have my 2531.80 on my wrist right now. With the tips of the top lugs in line with the outer edge of my wrist, the tips of the lower lugs lines up between the knuckles of my index and middle fingers, give about 3/4s of an inch of 'wrist' with the bracelet curling round... The 45 fills my wrist, but does not 'over hang' at all, so I wondered if people thought it would be something I could wear.

The 45 fills my wrist, but does not 'over hang' at all, so I wondered if people thought it would be something I could wear.

I have small wrists to (dont ask what size I have no idea) but I wear Panerai 45mm, Breitlings and a PO 45 and I just feel terrific with it.

You should follow you own feeling !

220082-14701.jpg

The 45 will be no problem I would imagine. I got the 42 first and then the 45, and much as I love the 42 it's really the 'mini me' version of the 45 now.

[The 49mm Railmaster XXL, now there's a real question!! Just be ready for people coming up and helping you across pedestrian crossings....(folk think it's a 'special needs' watch). :p ]

I'm the same. I don't buy the watches for the prestige of their brand name, but how they look. Most of the people I associate with wouldn't know the details of a particular watch either (although might ask if my 2531.80 was real because the current SS bracelet it's on is so crappy) I just like reps to be reasonably accurate to the gen because I'm someone who notices details. Sometimes, like with my Planet Ocean, I had not actually seen a gen up close until I had already the rep, so that was what I assumed they actually looked like, and when I then saw the different details of the gen, I actually prefered the inaccuracies of the rep as they were what I was used to. I guess it just depends on the watch, and which details are accurate/inaccurate. That said, I would not want to wear a watch that could easily be called out as a rep by the average joe.

Thanks folks, I think I'm convinced :D I'll obviously be keeping the 42mm (when it gets back) as my daily beater, but I think I'll treat myself to the 45mm as something to switch to on occasion like going out with friends for the evening, as that way any drunken shenanigans won't result in the 42mm watch getting scratched up. As I said in the other thread, it might be inaccurate as a rep, but the fact it was a gift from my fiance gives it sentimental value :thumbsupsmileyanim:

WAIT...

JUST REMEMBER...if you are a professional and want to wear a stainless watch to work DO NOT GO WITH 45MM WATCH...YOU ABSOLUTELY will not be able to fit it under your sleeeve.

However, if you want to wear it out with your Admin Pink rolled up ever so cleverly to reveal it go ahead...

JEC

Thanks folks, I think I'm convinced :D I'll obviously be keeping the 42mm (when it gets back) as my daily beater, but I think I'll treat myself to the 45mm as something to switch to on occasion like going out with friends for the evening, as that way any drunken shenanigans won't result in the 42mm watch getting scratched up. As I said in the other thread, it might be inaccurate as a rep, but the fact it was a gift from my fiance gives it sentimental value :thumbsupsmileyanim:

WAIT...

JUST REMEMBER...if you are a professional and want to wear a stainless watch to work DO NOT GO WITH 45MM WATCH...YOU ABSOLUTELY will not be able to fit it under your sleeeve.

However, if you want to wear it out with your Admin Pink rolled up ever so cleverly to reveal it go ahead...

JEC

Thanks for the warning. Fortunately, I work from home, so I don't have to be 'corporate smart' ;) I've heard before that the 45mm doesn't go under a sleeve. This would be purely as a casual watch. I do wear button-down shirts as casual wear, but always have the cuffs folded back a bit, so it wouldn't be a case of doing it just to flash the watch ;)

Okay, just got back from a morning in town with my fiance. One of the jewellers had the 45mm Planet Ocean Limited Edition, and I thought I'd try it on so I could her opinion of if it was too big on my wrist. Her response:

"Don't like it..."

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

Looking at it on my wrist in a more comfortable surrounding (we were offered chairs to sit in, and coffees) I don't think it looked too big for my wrist. It is, without a doubt, a Big Watch, but, was still only lining up a little further across my wrist than the 42, and still had 'room to spare', and didn't 'overhang' in any way. Something else which I asked her about after we left the shop, was a discussion I've been having with another member privately with regards to Omega straps. As we all know, the Planet Ocean strap is distinctly different to the Seamaster strap. On ofrei.com, I thought that the colors looked different as well, but put it down to photographic conditions. I consulted my memory yesterday, and then considered the watch strap today. After leaving the jewellers, I asked my fiance what color she thought the strap was, black, or charcoal grey. Her response, with absolutely no hesitation or comment about the ofrei.com pics, was "charcoal grey". Having looked at it, I would agree 100% Having tried it on again, I'm definitely going to pull the trigger on a 45mm, but it will only be an occasional alternative to the 42mm SS she bought me for christmas.