When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO Lemon

phil28

Hi all,

I have recently purchased an Ultimate PO from one of the trusted dealers. I have a few questions and concerns. First of all, the watch I received is a lemon. The dial was bad, specifically the white numbers the 6,9,12 seem to have been double stamped and were too big and messy. I contacted the dealer and they have sent the new dial which should be delivered in a few weeks. Fine, problem seems to have been addressed.

The second issue is that similarly to another thread my PO is defective. It doesn't seem to be able to work for more than 15 minutes at a time, even though it is wound. It also is extremely inaccurate whenever it does work. Being off by about 15 -30 minutes. This is not operator error, due to the fact that prior to this watch I purchased the same exact one two weeks prior from the same dealer and it is awesome.

I have told the dealer about these problems and their advice was to take it to a local watch place to be regulated and to replace the dial.

My question to all is: 1) Does the problem seem to be repairable by a regulation?

2) If so, great but how much would it cost to replace a dial and regulate a watch?

Dealer said they would pay $25 for the work that needs to be done. This doesn't seem sufficient to me.

What do you guys think?

Give the dealer a month to fix or or tell EVERYONE WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH.

Also...to substansiate your claims post pics here...nothing inspires the die-hards like a little photographic evidence.

Hi all,

I have recently purchased an Ultimate PO from one of the trusted dealers. I have a few questions and concerns. First of all, the watch I received is a lemon. The dial was bad, specifically the white numbers the 6,9,12 seem to have been double stamped and were too big and messy. I contacted the dealer and they have sent the new dial which should be delivered in a few weeks. Fine, problem seems to have been addressed.

The second issue is that similarly to another thread my PO is defective. It doesn't seem to be able to work for more than 15 minutes at a time, even though it is wound. It also is extremely inaccurate whenever it does work. Being off by about 15 -30 minutes. This is not operator error, due to the fact that prior to this watch I purchased the same exact one two weeks prior from the same dealer and it is awesome.

I have told the dealer about these problems and their advice was to take it to a local watch place to be regulated and to replace the dial.

My question to all is: 1) Does the problem seem to be repairable by a regulation?

2) If so, great but how much would it cost to replace a dial and regulate a watch?

Dealer said they would pay $25 for the work that needs to be done. This doesn't seem sufficient to me.

What do you guys think?

Hi all,

What do you guys think?

i'd charge $50 to regulate and replace the dial.....$25?? only in china do people work for peanuts. who is the dealer?

Hi all,

What do you guys think?

WHO IS THE DEALER?

So, do you guys think that this problem can be fixed by a regulation? Because maybe even that is not enough. I would be glad if it can that way I can get it fixed locally. It's true people do not work for peanuts. I'll be glad to give the dealers name after the watch issue has been resolved either for good or bad. I just don't want to speak negative about a dealer until they have truly screwed me.

Thanks

I'm not a watchsmith by any stretch of the imagination but it seems that you have a defective or an old worn out surplus movement. There have been threads about this recently. Regulation is reserved for fine tuning the movement's timekeeping accuracy.

If intend to keep it long term, consider swapping the movement for a quality ETA 2824 which would cost less than servicing and replacing parts. Hopefully, the dealer will give you a price adjustment for your trouble and cost. Have the new movement intalled when the new dial arrives. The dealer should also send you a new crown/tube but these seem to have a habbit of easily stripping.

ETA 2824 at a darn fair price:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=23097&hl=

Best of luck!

Unlikely that regulation is going to fix your watch.

There are two parts to regulation, beat and rate. Beat is the alignment of the parts, and if out, will show itself by a watch that is hard to START once it's stopped, once it starts up, it normally keeps running. Rate is the speed of the movement...

If your beat was out, it would be hard to get going, but would normally keep running.

Moving the regulator arm from one extreem to the other, may give you 10-15 minutes a day of adjustment, your at that limit already.

You have a bigger problem, and adjustments will not correct it, I would say your movement is either worn out, damaged, or in serious need of a servicing.

It's no where near a $25 fix no matter what the problem is.

RG

OK I have a feeling that it is not a regulation problem either. I think it'll be better off to replace the movement. Eventhough I bought the swiss version new from the dealer a couple of weeks ago. I'll post pics of the dial at another time cause I'm not at my computer. Another member on the forum has the same problem from the same dealer. This is not an isolated issue.

I just got my Defective PO to a watch smith to avoid the hassle of sending it back ,

It has the same movement problems

It is the same model from the same dealer and bought a week ago ,

What do you know , the problem is the balance wheel :o

It is totally bent from one side , watch smith said that it was pressed on

................ I'll be glad to give the dealers name after the watch issue has been resolved either for good or bad. I just don't want to speak negative about a dealer until they have truly screwed me.

Thanks

If you decide to take the watch to a local watchsmith for repair, just make sure the dealer will still allow you to return the watch in case the watchsmith can't help you.