When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of the Breitling aeromarine Superocean Steelfish.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent review... a lot of work went into this one and it was well worth it. My SFSO is gone for repairs.... the ETA was DOA :black_eye: . It's a great watch though and the finish is definitely among the high-end reps. I also put it on a gen rubber strap. It's pretty comfy....

236134-11232.jpg

I look forward to your next review...

Excellent review... a lot of work went into this one and it was well worth it. My SFSO is gone for repairs.... the ETA was DOA :black_eye: . It's a great watch though and the finish is definitely among the high-end reps. I also put it on a gen rubber strap. It's pretty comfy....

236147-11227.jpg

I look forward to your next review...

Aaahhhh, the black diver on a white watch looks so good! Glad you liked my writeup - I am thinking to do the next review about my very own "holy grail".

:victory:

• 2 weeks later...
Totally awesome review!! You could teach some of the rep makers about attention to detail :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Best review in months!! Thought I was reading Watch Time for a minute there!

This watch is another example of how close the fctories are getting these watches---the fit and finish issues still make them instantly spottable for any collector (and always will for 1/10 the price of a gen)but they fulfill their purpose--which is tricking 99% of the people who see them on your wrist that we're wearing gens. I can think of maybe 5 or 6 pieces available 3 years ago that were in the class of the new Breits. Now there are, what, 25 or 30?

Great review, thanks for posting! Great to have such good info for getting in conversations, as below.

My Steelfish started a conversation with the people at the next table at a restaurant, handed it over to a guy with a Sub that I'm pretty sure wasn't a rep, I handled his as well. No flaws I could see, felt light but looked good. We talked watches for a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
uhm isit just me or is it retarded that they switched to incorrect fonts when they had it right the first time?

uhm is it just me or is it retarded that they switched to incorrect fonts when they had it right the first time?

Its a good review, but isnt the rep sosf a aeromarine X-PLUS? If yes, there is no differences on the date window and the s in superocean.

Our rep is 97% accurate.

• 3 weeks later...
Its a good review, but isnt the rep sosf a aeromarine X-PLUS? If yes, there is no differences on the date window and the s in superocean.

Our rep is 97% accurate.

If not more. :D

Alright guys, edited with the new information I received through this great board! This is an awesome place! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Also added my valuation-scale, but I only give 91%... :whistling:

• 4 months later...

Another class act... Entertaining, informative, creative and... challenging.

Funny to see yours on rubber, I changed mine back to rubber recently. I do like the black shark (and the bracelet), but design, comfort and function taken into consideration, this watch screams for rubber. Especially if you do a lot of swimming (I do)...