When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please take some time to review this watch.

Stephane

Dear All,

Please forgive me for posting another pictorial of a sub.

Here are my reasons to post:

1. This watch was delivered to me this morning.

2. I am very impressed as I compared it to my other subs (rep), side by side.

3. I will not tell you where it comes from yet because that is not the point.

4. I would be delighted to have as much comments as possible.

5. I am not trying to trick experts at all.

6. It's out of the box, no mods of course.

I'm serious, and I think this is of common interest, and I promise to say why later.

Cheers

Stephane

rolexsubultimate_800_01.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_02.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_03.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_04.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_05.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_06.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_07.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_08.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_09.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_10.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_12.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_13.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_14.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_15.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_16.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_17.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_18.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_19.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_20.jpg

rolexsubultimate_800_21.jpg

It's one of those josh's $188/ruby's/andrew's $458/silix's/angus'/king's. The date window is too large and squarish, its position is too far to the right along with the cyclop, and the cyclop has too much magnification. The worst part is the overly conical rehaut, which gives the illusion of deep rehaut. This one has an insert with a bulging pearl while most of this models have flat pearl, but still not the correct recessed bulge. The number font on the insert is too bold also. The CGs needs sanding on the inside. The bezel teeth on this model is better than that in the noobmariner camp. So is the crystal gasket (nice and thin). All in all, it's really just an average sub rep, nothing like the MBW or TW Best, far from the gen. Pardon my honesty.

-bm

Edited by bklm1234

Ok agreed it is very nice but I do recommend caution if you have any intention of promoting any off board dealer.

Ken

Ooops no, not at all.

I will not promote anything at all. I have much more other things to do and would never be unfaithfull to the board.

I'm not saying where it comes from because I only intend to have your opinons guys and gals.

Pls see this as a straight question: what do you think about this watch!

It's one of those josh's $188/ruby's/andrew's $458/silix's/angus'/king's. The date window is too large and squarish, its position is too far to the right along with the cyclop, and the cyclop has too much magnification. The worst part is the overly conical rehaut, which gives the illusion of deep rehaut. This one has an insert with a bulging pearl while most of this models have flat pearl, but still not the correct recessed bulge. The number font on the insert is too bold also. The CGs needs sanding on the inside. The bezel teeth on this model is better than that in the noobmariner camp. So is the crystal gasket (nice and thin). All in all, it's really just an average sub rep, nothing like the MBW or TW Best, far from the gen. Pardon my honesty.

-bm

You are forgiven, but not forgoten...who knows.

Thank you very much for that comment which is indeed interresting.

<_<

ive seen this version before with the puzzling gold hallmarks inside the stainless steel case but cant think where.

unfortunately i cant offer more than that. i dont go for the modern subs so cant give much pointers as to accuracy details though at a glance it seems to be pretty much the latest quality swiss version doing the rounds.

im curious to know the reason this will be of interest to the group though

Edited by thewightstuff

i meant across dealer sites but thanks for your comments. alteast they added to the thread and werent caustic for no reason whatsoever.

the irony of your yellow emblazoned VIP status and eunomians lack of the same despite his civility and post quality did almost make up for it though.....

Edited by thewightstuff

I see no enthousiasm for this watch at all.

No posts from our usual Rolex experts either.

So basically it means this sub is just an average one.

Well, Bklm is right when mentionning 458$.

It doesn't really matter why I have this watch in my possesion, but it is an Ultimate Sub from Trusty.

This watch costs 458$ + shipping, which is thus around 130$ more than an MBW from TTK's group buy.

The reason why I said it could be of interrest for the community is that it might happen that a newbie thinks that the price to get the best sub rep possible must be very high and thus buy this one. I think it's nice to have this information on RWG.

As I do not think I have enough knowledge to review this watch, my purpose posting it here is collecting experts comments.

It would be great to have a mini-review.

Cheers

Stephane

@Stephane: That Sub has some fundamental flaws. bklm listed most of them accurately.

The cyclops is too right on the crystal... which means the datewheel is positioned too right.

Pearl is horrible (but it's always the case with reps)

Crown guards aren't bad but they look too short and thick... and wrong from the front.

Rehaut is shiny and deep but again... the watch looks weird from the front. Conical? Yes I think so.

The crystal is too low.

The dial is ok. "L" in Rolex is wrong and the 1000m/300ft font is a bit off but it's probably impossible to see without magnification.

When it comes to accuracy a $95 Noobmariner runs circles around this watch. It's far from perfect... it looks like a newbie bait to sell an average rep with huge profit. But then again you posted very good and HUGE pictures which always exaggerate the flaws... and there's not even single Submariner rep out there which looks right. It would be better to see this one in person... perhaps it has good "feel"... zoomed pictures don't always tell the whole truth.

Either way... selling that watch for $458 and calling it "perfect" is laughable. This info is indeed valuable.

You asked why so few people have commented... I always try refrain from posting negative comments to threads where people are enthusiastic about their new watch. Sorry mate.

Sorry Stephane, but I will not pay that much for that watch. Really?? you paid that much for this sub? The most obvious for me has been mentioned.

Too conical rehaut

"L" in ROLEX

Mag position

WOW,,Really?? That much? I have a $108 BeginMariner that look better than this one.

I'm with BT.....it is also difficult for me to criticize a new watch specially when it is a new arrival. It's a nice watch but it is over priced given the alternatives.

IMO, it's best to begin with a $200 or less Sub as a platform (the Sash and Paul ultimate ETA would fit the bill). I would invest the balance installing an OEM insert, crown/tube and perhaps a re-lume. I think the end result would be as good as one could have given the Subs that are available. The total cost should be in-line with the price of this one.

What takes these watches to the next level, if one chooses to go there, are OEM parts. They make a night and day difference in operation, look and feel of the watch.

Dear By-Tor and HighDef,

Thanks for your comments. I hope we'll have others aswell.

That is the only reason I posted this watch. I appreciate when By-Tor says "selling that watch for $458 and calling it "perfect" is laughable. This info is indeed valuable"

Sorry to say: it is not "perfect" it is "ultimate" :bangin:

I did NOT buy this watch. It's a compensation I received for problems I faced with Andrew's dropshipping.

When asking for this watch I sincerely thought this could be a good exercice to add some information to the mytic "Who has the best sub".

Again, my only purpose is to SHOUT as loud as possible for newbies or possible older members that are not yet sure: there is no perfect sub rep.

Cheers & thanks again,

Stephane

another good thread.

Stephane, i just want to say i really appreciate the time and effort you take to give back to the board. You seem to find value in almost every purchase and transaction to share with members, good and bad. Most people don't realize how much time and energy it takes to shoot watches write up posts, crop the pictures, put them online. Its not a 1-2-3 deal. So, i just wanted to say your time and effort do not go un-noticed.

another good thread.

Stephane, i just want to say i really appreciate the time and effort you take to give back to the board. You seem to find value in almost every purchase and transaction to share with members, good and bad. Most people don't realize how much time and energy it takes to shoot watches write up posts, crop the pictures, put them online. Its not a 1-2-3 deal. So, i just wanted to say your time and effort do not go un-noticed.

Pho,

From the bottom of my heart: thank you!

Cheers

Stephane

I think the watch looks good, but I honestly thought it was an alternate variation of the Noobmariner. I was shocked when you said the price was $400+.

I learned my lesson already with the overpriced YM that I bought. I got two of them, one for me and one for a gift. The one I got for me I thought what the heck, I paid the double price for the "serviced" YM for myself. They were purchased on two seperate orders, and I was amazed when I compared the two. The non-serviced watch keeps better time, has a better dial, and the cyclops is better positioned. I would have thought that the serviced watch would at least have been QC'd better than the regular version. Never again.

/Tim

I think the watch looks good, but I honestly thought it was an alternate variation of the Noobmariner. I was shocked when you said the price was $400+.

I learned my lesson already with the overpriced YM that I bought. I got two of them, one for me and one for a gift. The one I got for me I thought what the heck, I paid the double price for the "serviced" YM for myself. They were purchased on two seperate orders, and I was amazed when I compared the two. The non-serviced watch keeps better time, has a better dial, and the cyclops is better positioned. I would have thought that the serviced watch would at least have been QC'd better than the regular version. Never again.

/Tim

Thanks Tim for your reaction.

It is what I want to point: high price is not a waranty of high quality.

Let's all bear this in mind, specially newbies.

• 3 weeks later...