When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Attention - Omega PO 22m Lug width Rubber strap released

piratedzeus

By silix, not from josh andrew...!

Someone told me also that silix will come out with his own version of the 007 PO soon.. he already has the rubber strap!

see pictures below!

Price: 35$ + Shipping

227668-12869.jpg227668-12870.jpg227668-12871.jpg

I will order mine at once when the PO arrived! :)

Great...was waiting for this

Well..... seems to be not pure rubber... dust n' dirt on it... right?

My Seamaster strap (bought unworn from another member, who bought it from King) picks up a fine layer of dust very easily. I think it's just the nature of the material.

PS

Any plans for a 20mm Planet Ocean Strap?

Yep, this looks like cosmetically spot on but looks likely rubber isn't same composition as the gen. Not sure if it's 100% rubber or if there's some silicon in there to give soft feel but anyway the gen just doesn't pick up any dust at all, zilch.

An interesting note - Jay had this made from gen strap but has changed one tiny detail - the code stamping under the buckle-end keeper is correct in every character EXCEPT is says 'HAF' whereas the gen has the infamous and dreaded initials 'GAF'

Now that's paranoia! :lol:

Well...

as far as I have heard! pure real rubber doesn't collect dust

there was a group buy for a 20mm rubber strap

The group buy was for the 20mm Seamaster strap, which at the time, was acknowledged to be the same as the one Josh sells (therefore same as Kings, and the same as on my wrist now ;) ) so not a 20mm Planet Ocean strap :)

Yep, this looks like cosmetically spot on but looks likely rubber isn't same composition as the gen. Not sure if it's 100% rubber or if there's some silicon in there to give soft feel but anyway the gen just doesn't pick up any dust at all, zilch.

An interesting note - Jay had this made from gen strap but has changed one tiny detail - the code stamping under the buckle-end keeper is correct in every character EXCEPT is says 'HAF' whereas the gen has the infamous and dreaded initials 'GAF'

Now that's paranoia! :lol:

Not debating the accuracy of this strap, as it was taken from a genuine one, but I found it interesting that the code stamping is 'upside down' compared to the Seamaster strap. Would Jay have had the letter changed so they could say that it is different to the genuine item? (in terms of copyright issues) Out of curiosity, what is wrong with the letters GAF?

Not debating the accuracy of this strap, as it was taken from a genuine one, but I found it interesting that the code stamping is 'upside down' compared to the Seamaster strap. Would Jay have had the letter changed so they could say that it is different to the genuine item? (in terms of copyright issues) Out of curiosity, what is wrong with the letters GAF?

If you don't know what GAF stands for and are in any way curious, suggest you walk into your local AD with a Sub prominently displayed on each wrist before nonchalantly catching the manager's attention and whispering "psssst, I can get as many as you want, no questions guv'n'r...." before leaving your contact details including home address on a scrap bit of paper. You then need relax and do nothing more as all will be revealed.... ;)

IMO? I think J&A were being superstitious :lol::ph34r:

Anyway for anyone looking for a gen 20mm rubber strap for the 42 PO, take a lookie HERE

If you don't know what GAF stands for and are in any way curious, suggest you walk into your local AD with a Sub prominently displayed on each wrist before nonchalantly catching the manager's attention and whispering "psssst, I can get as many as you want, no questions guv'n'r...." before leaving your contact details including home address on a scrap bit of paper. You then need relax and do nothing more as all will be revealed.... ;)

IMO? I think J&A were being superstitious :lol::ph34r:

Anyway for anyone looking for a gen 20mm rubber strap for the 42 PO, take a lookie HERE

Or, you could just tell me what it stands for :D

My Seamaster strap has JAH. Any ideas as to what that stands for?

@jonathan, i believe they are talking about the tendency for non-100% rubber rep straps to attract dust.....given all the dust on the strap in silix's pictures, it's a fairly safe bet (although i hope actual experience proves this wrong) the silix strap isn't 100% rubber (which doesn't attract dust)....

Right, are we going to get a group buy organized for this strap?

Maybe someone can enlighten me here, but what's with the recent obsession with "group buys"? I mean, I can understand it on a $300+ chrono as it enables buyers to get a 10-20% discount, but really...are things that tight/worth it for a $30 strap??? :brow:

Back to the dust issue, if I'm honest I always strongly suspected that even when the rep 22mm strap appeared, it would not be identical in composition (ergo feel, finish etc.) to the gen even if cosmetically it was spot on. Same issue with the SMP strap. I believe Angus' 'ultimate' PAM rubber strap has been the only attempt to date to source a gen-like rubber. Anyway back to the PO - aside from gnawing impatience ^_^ it was the main reason why I bought the gen strap last autumn - even if I hadn't have got it brand new for a steal, I'd still not regret it. That said, I will be getting one of the first run CR POs with new rep strap and will post a review/comparison all being well.

Maybe someone can enlighten me here, but what's with the recent obsession with "group buys"? I mean, I can understand it on a $300+ chrono as it enables buyers to get a 10-20% discount, but really...are things that tight/worth it for a $30 strap??? :brow:

Back to the dust issue, if I'm honest I always strongly suspected that even when the rep 22mm strap appeared, it would not be identical in composition (ergo feel, finish etc.) to the gen even if cosmetically it was spot on. Same issue with the SMP strap. I believe Angus' 'ultimate' PAM rubber strap has been the only attempt to date to source a gen-like rubber. Anyway back to the PO - aside from gnawing impatience ^_^ it was the main reason why I bought the gen strap last autumn - even if I hadn't have got it brand new for a steal, I'd still not regret it. That said, I will be getting one of the first run CR POs with new rep strap and will post a review/comparison all being well.

I think I will too... From Jay, that is... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Agree about the comment about the group buy for this strap... I don't get it. Perhaps silix can sell it to the group buyers for $34.99 instead of $35?

I guess I jumped the gun and received my genuine 22mm PO strap 2 days ago in the mail. Already have the 20mm genuine on the 42mm PO :o

Great result againt PSV ;)