When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anybody own a Tissot Seastar 1000? Opinions?

Blackrain

Anybody own the Tissot Seastar 1000? I've read reviews over at PMWF and Timezone, but I'm interested in what others might have to say. Do you find the protruding display back crystal to be troublesome? Is the band comfortable? Is the blue face more blue or black in most lighting conditions? I am attracted to it's strong feature set, but am really looking for a handsome blue faced watch, not a watch that is only blue out in the bright sunshine! Thanks for your time.

Link to pics on PMWF

Anybody own the Tissot Seastar 1000? I've read reviews over at PMWF and Timezone, but I'm interested in what others might have to say. Do you find the protruding display back crystal to be troublesome? Is the band comfortable? Is the blue face more blue or black in most lighting conditions? I am attracted to it's strong feature set, but am really looking for a handsome blue faced watch, not a watch that is only blue out in the bright sunshine! Thanks for your time.

Link to pics on PMWF

I owned the black faced model on rubber strap for 10 months, was very comfortable, but had trouble with it gaining 2 minutes a day, but I had trouble with every Seiko automatic doing same thing, I am a very active wheelchair user, and some watches dont seem like the level of "wrist action" I give them. Overall, great watch, just a little "blingy" for my taste

Mine seem to run fast from my wrist action too....

Wish I could say it was from wheelchair operation though. :wounded1:

j/k

All the best!

D

I owned the black faced model on rubber strap for 10 months, was very comfortable, but had trouble with it gaining 2 minutes a day, but I had trouble with every Seiko automatic doing same thing, I am a very active wheelchair user, and some watches dont seem like the level of "wrist action" I give them. Overall, great watch, just a little "blingy" for my taste

I too wanted a 'blue dial' watch and bought this exact one. It got no wrist time at all. Hefty watch but it didn't have alot of appeal to me after I got it. For another 200-300 bucks, I'd suggest an Oris TT1 Diver (blue faced) now that watch I loved. The blue was remarkable. It's a different look, but a far superior watch IMO

BTW-The Tissot is not uncomfortable to wear. It would compare to a Seiko Monster style watch-One that I would not be afraid to beat up-It did look very dark and almost black in certain light- The Oris is a no-doubter on color.

Good luck

here's another vote for the oris blue faced diver. IMO a much better watch than the tissot for roughly the same money and a stunning blue dial :)

That Oris blue faced Diver really is JUST what I was looking for! I'll start the hunt now for a good price, as it seem $750+ is all I can find it for, and that is more than I had hoped to pay for a nice blue faced watch. Let the hunting begin!

The blue dial Seastar 1000 has a bad reputation of the blue bezel paint flacking off. The Silver dial version does not suffer this problem. Tissot customer service is horrible, if you can get it repaired in under 3 months you would be lucky and in some cases they will charge you up to $90 for a replacement bezel. The Seastar 1000 is also known for flooding. It is a beautiful watch but it does have it's fair share of problems. I am sorry to inform you of this.

I've owned a Tissot seastar 1000 black dial with the bracelet for nearly 2 years and love it. No problems with it gaining time, flooding, or anything else. I do also love the Oris though. My friend was looking to buy his first watch about a month ago and I helped him buy an Oris TT1 from Timezone. Both watches are great bang for the buck watches. I believe the lugs on the TT1 are 24mm...so you can swap straps with your pams if you want to. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've owned a Tissot seastar 1000 black dial with the bracelet for nearly 2 years and love it. No problems with it gaining time, flooding, or anything else. I do also love the Oris though. My friend was looking to buy his first watch about a month ago and I helped him buy an Oris TT1 from Timezone. Both watches are great bang for the buck watches. I believe the lugs on the TT1 are 24mm...so you can swap straps with your pams if you want to. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Lugs are 22mm, I put a Seiko divers strap on mine, loved the look, I now use the same strap on my PO

Hi, I am a new member of RWG and a on-going member of RWI. I own both a Tissot Seastar Black face and an Oris Titan 1000meters. Both are bullet proof and great values. As you know the Tissot is very good looking and can be used as a dressy sports watch as well as a useful diving watch. The back of the Tissot is not noticeable at all on the wrist. As a memeber of the Ultimate Dive Watch Forum for 2 years I have never heard of the Seastar failing on a dive or leaking in any way. I have mine on a mesh bracelet and it really looks classy. There are no problems with the blue dial.

Rogerwine