When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT hand for ETA 2893-2

Jetsons

Hi, everyone:

I'm looking for an accurate GMT hand for the TW 2893-2 GMT Master. The standard GMT hand that's installed on the watch is a bit short. The current crop of 2836-2 GMTs have the accurate hands but I don't believe these willl fit the 2893-2.

I came across these on Ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/WATCH-HANDS-FOR-MENS-G...VQQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone have experience with these? Is there another source that I should consider?

Thanks for the help! :)

Hi, everyone:

I'm looking for an accurate GMT hand for the TW 2893-2 GMT Master. The standard GMT hand that's installed on the watch is a bit short. The current crop of 2836-2 GMTs have the accurate hands but I don't believe these willl fit the 2893-2.

I came across these on Ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/WATCH-HANDS-FOR-MENS-G...VQQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone have experience with these? Is there another source that I should consider?

Thanks for the help! :)

Those hands are incorrect for the 2893-2

Vaccum

Not trying to argue, just curious, the ad plainly states that the hands are for an ETA 2893-2, what is there about the hands that make them incorrect for the 2893-2?

Right. Inquiring minds want to know. I've purchased other hands from that Ebay dealer and they've worked as advertised....

Vaccum

Not trying to argue, just curious, the ad plainly states that the hands are for an ETA 2893-2, what is there about the hands that make them incorrect for the 2893-2?

Look at the GMT hand on the picture....it has the bigger hole so it goes first on the stack.

On the 2893-2 the hour hand goes first.

Look at the GMT hand on the picture....it has the bigger hole so it goes first on the stack.

That'd do it... Good info. I almost have to wonder if the picture is just wrong because the seller I've found to be reliable. It might be worth sending him a message asking specifically about this.

vaccum, on the 2893-2 GMT Master, the GMT hand is located at the bottom of the stack followed by hour, minute and second. Does this mean that the Ebay hands would be correct?

2893-2 hand stack from dial up is:

GMT hand, 1,80mm

Hour hand 1,50mm

Minute hand 0,90mm

Seconds hand 0,25mm

RG

You are correct. The hands will work...sorry for the confusion...my bad :wounded1:

Now the question is...this stack still incorrect compared to the gen?

OK, now I need to confirm which is the correct hand stack on the gen pam063.

I can help with this since I have both Pam 2893-2s.

GMT hand

Hour

Minute

Second

Many thanks for all the help, gents! The hands are the last remining parts I need to get the project under way. :)

BTW, the 2893-2 hand stack would be correct for the matte dial GMT Masters. They were changed with the WG surround dials.