When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How tough is a rep Submariner?

Nanuq

I did a (marginally) scientific test to see just how tough a rep Submariner really is.

Here it is, teetering precariously on the edge of my deck:

teetering.jpg

Whoops, it fell two stories onto concrete. This is the radical vertical deceleration simulation:

whoops.jpg

It's still ticking but we lost the 12:00 index:

lost_index.jpg

How about a pressure test? My Rover weighs nearly 6,000 lbs. Let's call it 3/4 ton of pressure on the crystal:

pressure_test.jpg

Hmmmmm. It's ticking a bit quieter under there:

oomph.jpg

No further damage, still doing fine. But it IS getting dirty:

still_ticking.jpg

Impact absorption test. Let's play "fight scene in the western bar" and set it on a rock and break a chair over it:

break_chair.jpg

No sweat. Still ticking. Okay, now for a final calorific absorption test:

final_test.jpg

Since this is a public forum I cannot in good conscience display the final image. Let's just say it's gruesome. 15 minutes of flame and the crystal melted, then cracked, and the dial is toast. Literally. And I will report that it finally quit ticking.

• Like 1

Ha Bob.......you got found out! Scammer tester. "Still ticking" eh?

1st photograph clearly shows a time of 15.34 and 28 seconds.

3rd photograph shows.....low and behold 15.33 and 58 seconds.

Only possible explanation is that you used 2 watches or you redefined the laws of time and space. :lol:

I'm calling you out. Ticking schmicking. The watch was already goosed. Own up. This thing wouldn't have ticked if you put 15,000 volts through it. :Jumpy:

Crasy crasy crasy!

JTB

• Like 1

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the Legend of Nanuq the Annihalator came into being.

Try this some time, take your favorite rep, cup it gently in your hand, and whisper "Nanuq!" to it. You will see your watch start to tremble and shake, and it will probably seize up on you.

Or, if your rep is misbehaving, you know, the usual baloney - doesn't hold a power reserve, crown comes off, markers mis-aligned, tell it you are going to send it to Nanuq if it doesn't start to behave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
he is the chuck norris of rwg :o..

did u know that nanuq never had a heart attack? because his heart wouldn't dare to attack him

I don't "ask" the time... I TELL the time. And everything is "right fricken now".

:lol:

As for functionality your result is very similar to the new Romain Jerome watch, which was sold for 300.000 US$ and does not tell the time at all. If you start an auction, you may reach an even higher price than RJ. BTW your result looks very similar to that RJ Day&Night watch too.