When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750 vs 7753 datewheel

SenileCoot

It's possible change a movement asian automatic 7750 for movement eta 7753? (in Cartier Santos 100 chronograph replica)

Thanks

It depends on the watch, the problem is the datewheel. If you have a Asian 7750 with a date modified to be a 7753 (subdials at 3-6-9), then a ETA 7753 will not work, because the date window is in the wrong place.

If you have a date movement, then you can replace the 90% of the movement with a ETA 7750.

Here is a post on how to do this.

Replacing a Asian 7750(3) with a ETA 7750

If you have no date, then you can install a ETA 7753, but since a 7753 is $500 -700 (if you can find one), it's cheaper to install a ETA 7750 ($250 or so) in place of the Asian one. How much it costs to install it, depends on the Asian movement in the watch. Installation can be from $100 - 200.

I have installed many ETA 7750's, just did two as a matter of fact, I will post some pics this weekend.

RG

Thank you for your answer.

In fact I am very happy with my Cartier Santos 100 chronograph asian 7750 (my Santos 100 chronograph asian movement 7750 has not given me any problem in 6 months using it, contrary to other partners of the forum). It only has a failure: the window of the date wheel is a little small, and the date is a little sunken regarding the window.

Do you know some way to get that the date is not sunken? To substitute the date of the asian 7750 for the date of the swiss 7753, or another possibility?

(I go up you two pics: one with the Swiss movement and another with the Asian movement where the difference is appreciated).

post-5388-1176551127_thumb.jpg

post-5388-1176551176_thumb.jpg

Thank you for your answer.

Do you know some way to get that the date is not sunken? To substitute the date of the asian 7750 for the date of the swiss 7753, or another possibility?

Your welcome.

If you look over the post I linked above, you'll note the transfer gears are above the datewheel, which is why the datewheel is sunken. There is no fix for this, and a 7753, as stated above does not have the same datewheel as a 7750, so it's not a possibility either...

RG

• 7 years later...