When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pix's collection... (updt 6th jan 08)

Pix

Hi all,

it's been a while since I wished to expose my watches here... When my first watchwinder came home, that made me think "it's time to do the step", as I realized I start owning a decent number of watches, mix of gens and reps. Most gens are just affordable or just cheap ones. They all have in common the fact that I enjoy wearing each single one of them. I have sold the ones that had no or poor wristtime.

I hope you will enjoy as much as I enjoyed taking the pics. None of the reps have their original leather strap, I find them mostly bad or at best very standard. Even the cheapest gens have acceptable straps, so I'm a bit disappointed by reps from this point of view. Anyway, the bright side of this lack is that the watches just get more beautiful with new patiently chosen dresses.

If you have questions on some models, don't hesitate and also have a look at my signature, I tried to review/picture them all (except gens).

MontBlanc Timewalker GMT

Movement : Swiss ETA 2836-2

237098-10981.jpg

237098-10982.jpg

237098-10983.jpg

Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Movement : Swiss ETA 2834-2

237098-10984.jpg

237098-10985.jpg

Trias Skeleton

Movement : Asian Auto 20J Trias T282-12

237098-10987.jpg

Tag Heuer SLR

Movement : Japan OS20 Quartz

237098-10988.jpg

Kalashnikov AK-2282

Movement : Swiss Quartz ETA G10

237098-10989.jpg

Festina Mambo Chronograph

Movement : Quartz

237098-10990.jpg

Philippe PATEK 5070 White gold plated

Movement : Copy of the Venus 175 handwind Chronograph (actually Seagull ST-19, but often incorrectly described as a Lemania)

237098-10991.jpg

237098-10993.jpg

Breitling Steelfish Super Ocean

Movement : Asian auto 2813 (Miyota 8215 clone)

237098-10996.jpg

237098-10997.jpg

237098-10998.jpg

Seiko Kinetic Assymetrical SKA187P1

Movement : Seiko Quartz (Kinetic)

237098-10999.jpg

Panerai 112H

Movement : Asian 6497 (manual winding)

237098-11000.jpg

237098-11001.jpg

237098-11002.jpg

Uzi Military Black PVD / Tritium vials

(reviewed here, exceptionnally >> usually no review of non rep watches)

237098-11003.jpg

237098-11004.jpg

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak

Movement : Swiss ETA 2824-2

237098-11005.jpg

237098-11006.jpg

Tissot PRS-516

Movement : Swiss ETA 2836-2

237098-11007.jpg

237098-11008.jpg

237098-11009.jpg

Breitling Navitimer Two-Tone

237098-11012.jpg

237098-11013.jpg

237098-11014.jpg

Vacheron Constantin Tonneau Power Reserve

Movement : Asian Auto 21J

dial1bf7.jpg

dial2tf9.jpg

Hublot Big Bang "Lite Edition"

Movement : Asian 7750 21.6 kbph

1front1ia7.jpg

3crownvl1.jpg

4back1jh3.jpg

Bell&Ross BR01-92 (reduced) with its custom Gasgasbones' strap

Movement : Asian 21J

08head2xc8.jpg

01frontbd3.jpg

Vacheron Constantin Malte Chronographe

Movement : Seagull ST-19

02front2ks0.jpg

03back1bw7.jpg

05back3dg5.jpg

Tag Heuer Aquaracer

01front1en5.jpg

05strap1hx4.jpg

07crown1he1.jpg

Baume & Mercier Riviera XXL

Movement : Asian 7750

07art2dm1.jpg

04crownscrewsil3.jpg

08lume1xo6.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Stephane,

thx :)

In fact I'm using a "cheap" light tent : I followed Pugwash's advices on how to take pics.

And here, I have a white sheet of paper in a transparent box, all covered with a white cloth :rolleyes:

But I will surely invest in a tent and an adequate lighting.

I love your photos too, especially the close-ups you did on the Vacheron. I can't get this done with my camera. At least I did not find proper settings.

Thx both ! That's why I'm here : share what has become my new passion (and obsession). I also learnt a little bit more on how to take pics thanks to Pug !

Just received my Steelfish Super Ocean, I have to leave one watch. :-)

@resh : the Kalashnikov can be found here : http://www.kalashnikovwatches.com/

But you can get it almost half the price on *bay.ch

I can PM you the seller's name if you want. I don't know his status right now (I mean if the watches are still available).

I ordered an alligator strap with red stiching for it, as I got obsessed by this when I saw Flavour's Fav avatar... ^_^

nice collection...definitely different from all the others, because I cannot see nor a Rolex nor a PAM...wow...you must be one of the 1000 members who don't have one...Love the VC and the PP from your coll...the PP I wanted to get for my father last year but i decided to go with the IWC...well, doesn't matter...

wear them well!

^_^

I don't think I'll buy a Rolex soon, question of taste and personnality. But only idiots don't change their mind, so maybe one day...

I must say that a PAM might probably join the collection. I wasn't a fan at the beginning, but after all reading and trying one on my wrist, I thought I would probably bear wearing one :lol: And true, once you own a bit more of these timekeepers, you also try to have as different things as possible. That's also a reason for collecting.

It'll most surely be a 40 mm one, and I won't go for modding or watever, except the strap.

PP and VC are definitely superb dressy watches, not only these. The copy of the Lemania movement is a pure beauty.

• 2 weeks later...

where did you get the silver trias skeleton. that is a very nice looking watch. i'd like to get something similar where its totally see thru like that.

also where did you find the watch winder with the black cloth inside...ive seen many on the bay with that white/cream colored cloth, yours looks much more fancy.

Hi,

you can find Trias watches on *bay, they are cheap (usually less than 80 EUR).

I bought mine on *bay Germany. Just do a search.

I even got the golden plated one for 54 EUR !

For the watchwinder, *bay.de too. They are nicely finished, I advise buying models with 2 wheels, max 3 wheels. 4 Wheels is too much : there's only one motor, so the more watches, the more possible problems and noise occuring. Here too, they're cheap (count with 100 EUR in average).

I'll PM you the seller's name.

Regards.

Very nice collection Pix. Not the usual Rolex and Panerai, very refreshing.

May I ask you a question? It sounds like you have a slim wrist, how do you like wearing the Super Ocean Steelfish?

I really want a blue dial one but my wrist is 6.5", but I do wear a 44 mm Pam and it looks OK on me. I'm just not sure about the Steelfish, will it be too big for me.

Thanks much.

Hi REK001,

248269-8243.jpg

I have what I consider to be a small wrist : 17,5 cm (6,8 inches)

I hesitated a while before buying a "large" watch, as I usually go between 38 and 42 mm diameter.

The dial of the Steelfish is pretty small compared to its overall diameter, so visually it's not as large. I chose the SS bracelet as it's more wrapping the wrist (at least it's my feeling). I did the same when I bought my Tag SLR. And I feel the solution is not bad.

Thanks very much for the wrist shot, it looks very good on you. It gives me the courage to get a blue dial Steelfish.

May I ask, where did you get your McLaren SLR on bracelet? I've seen it with leather strap only.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Updated 26th may.

- My first PAM : a 112H with manual winding (waiting a custom strap for june) : finally I entered this yard, which I never thought some time ago...

- Just received a Seiko with Quartz Kinetic movement : a Quartz movement that gets its energy from your wrist movement. Some kind of hybrid between Quartz and auto :)

- Updated overview - no choice, a second watchwinder on its way !

Updated 2nd june 2007

- welcoming an Audemars Piguet Millenary Limited Edition (Maserati hommage)

- and my new watch winder :D

That watch is gorgeous, where did you pick that up?

:D

Thank you !

I bought it from a boards member recently.

I would never have imagined to buy such a model before.

Just ordered a racing strap to fit with.

You can read a small review by clicking my signature.

It's not available from any dealer any more. Some kind of collector's piece. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Updated June 22nd 2007

- withdrawn Audemars Piguet Maserati : I had (as expected) difficulties knowing there were some non working features on the rep.

That watch made a new member happy. And so am I !

- added my latest Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor : with an alarm ; yes, auto movement can ring !

- dressed my Breitling with its "summer" strap...

- updated the overview accordingly (reps in the black winder)