When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gmt II

Guest michalis6

Guest michalis6

hi guys

Having bought many pam reps i am now ready to buy a rolex gmtII with pepsi bezel. It could be the new model or the vintage 1675. Who has the most accurate rep right now?

thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
For modern GMT2 at the moment i think Josh model with lug holes (428$) is the best!Just see where the crown is located!Maybe its like TW best GMTII!

Sorry to ask a dumb question - but on the 2893 - what is the hand stack? I have not seen any pictures of this close up enough to tell if the bottom is the hour or the gmt hand. Looking at e-bay for 2893 hands - it would appear that hour is on the bottom and the gmt is above that - which is the same as the gen - right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/WATCH-HANDS-FOR-ETA-28...VQQcmdZViewItem

Sorry to ask a dumb question - but on the 2893 - what is the hand stack? I have not seen any pictures of this close up enough to tell if the bottom is the hour or the gmt hand. Looking at e-bay for 2893 hands - it would appear that hour is on the bottom and the gmt is above that - which is the same as the gen - right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/WATCH-HANDS-FOR-ETA-28...VQQcmdZViewItem

Never mind - was looking at the wrong item. GMT is on the bottom.

visually this one is the best. It's the correct hand stack version (hour-gmt-minute-second). I did mod the CGs (shaved the inside). The dial, the rehaut thickness (not depth) - I mean there should be some distance, about the width of the six o'clock indice marker, from the insert to the edge of the dial - are perfect. Correct crystal height and bevel. Date window correctly placed (not too far to the right like many versions) and correct cyclop mag.

254685-6661.jpg

Mechanically, it's suspect. Some people are luckier than me. Mine had the slipping hour hand. I took it to a watchsmith to reset the hour/minute hand relationshiop. So far so good. This version comes in the wrong hand stack as well, more reliable, only sacrificing the look on the hand stack a little.

Josh's expensive version has a 2893-2 movement but visually much inferior and has wrong hand stack too.

-bk

visually this one is the best. It's the correct hand stack version (hour-gmt-minute-second). I did mod the CGs (shaved the inside). The dial, the rehaut thickness (not depth) - I mean there should be some distance, about the width of the six o'clock indice marker, from the insert to the edge of the dial - are perfect. Correct crystal height and bevel. Date window correctly placed (not too far to the right like many versions) and correct cyclop mag.

254720-6654.jpg

Mechanically, it's suspect. Some people are luckier than me. Mine had the slipping hour hand. I took it to a watchsmith to reset the hour/minute hand relationshiop. So far so good. This version comes in the wrong hand stack as well, more reliable, only sacrificing the look on the hand stack a little.

Josh's expensive version has a 2893-2 movement but visually much inferior and has wrong hand stack too.

-bk

Very nice. I read somewhere that the correc hand stack version does not really operate like the Rolex though. I bet that it was a The Zigmeister writeup. Anyway - yes - it seems like to get the best GMT - you need to buy the 2893 and mesh it with a CN 2836rep (for the dial and the datewheel overlay). Too expensive.

It is really too bad that they can not do that vulcan watch meld themselves!