When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's my time to say goodbye to RWI!

Edge

Her eis my parting message from RWI, I have become tired of the rubbish that is going on and have decided to leave, this is unfortunate, however we all have to move on.

will we do a countdown to it's removal??

HERE!!!

Dear Members,

As of the end of last week, i ceased to be a member of the staff here. it saddens me greatly to do this, however I am leaving. I have been involved in this forum since it's inception, and have been involved to varying levels since that point. I have had some good times and some bad times, however that is they way life goes.

It has now come time for me to leave this forum, as I have grown tired of certian individuals, who have too much influence here. There have been a lot of incidents here in the time I have worked on this board, some of which have been resolved amicably some less amicably.

I hope that you will all consider my input to this forum by way of information that I have added as a valuable one.

In the time we have been here we have rather unusually seen a complete turnaround in the staff, we change staff here like we change underwear, and it is not a healthy situation for the forum or ineviatbly, you the members.

In all but one of these cases, there has been a common reason for the retiring, or quitting of the staff member, conflict with one of the stff, plain and simple, and it is ALWAYS the same staff member. I won't give names or anything petty like that, moreover i'm sure you all know to whom I am reffering anyway.

This member contributes NOTHING by way of informative posts, or knowledge, he merely sits at the controls and plays with people like puppets. I will not be going int much details about things that have happened here, as it would be a betrayal of the board and also of the staff members whom I have remaining respect for.

What I will say is that this member is at least MASSIVELY involved in the removal of Pugwash, the attempted removal of Andreww, and threatened TTK with the same, all of which were done off their own back without consultation with the other staff.

This is to me unnacceptable, and not the way a forum should operate, unless the person doing this is the ACTUAL admin of the board.

I have lost a lot of respect for the "powers that be" here, for the way that these incidents have been handled, as there was plenty of forewarning, and we have lost what was a great mod/admin team, instead of losing the one [censored] that needs to be removed. Roeod, CJ, Enzo, BS, Dawg, and now myself hav all left, and some more, so what is it going to take???

If I was a member here I would be extremely worried about the future of this forum, and the direction in which it is heading.

It makes me very sad to have to leave a place which i helped to bring to fruition, at least in part, however it is time to leave, and I have the disitnct impression i won't be the last.

Unfortunately most of the members who actually give the information on the forums, either don't frequent here anymore, or have just about given up. This is becoming more a place to buy stuff, than to actually do any research, as there is very little new information posted here, it is becoming a place for friends to gather and shoot the [censored] as apposed to reasoned discourse regarding horology, and that saddens me further.

Well in parting i would like to say that I may pop in from time to time to say hello, or to buy something, but as a longtime "giver" to the forums, I will no longer be here.

[censored] klink and the horse he came in on!!! The bottom feeder, who is sucking the dealers and staff out of this place at rapid speed.

My reply on RWI...

TT

At some point Tim is going to have to see the truth here...

A stable Admin/Mod Team is key to a Boards survival...

Leadership 101...

I can't believe the volume of quality folks that have left the Team here in the last 6 months...

Oh well, as the siggy says: "Where People Gather, Life Happens"...

Sad to see you go Edge, but certainly understand your reasoning...

TT

edge

thanks for taking a stand, and for saying what so many of us are feeling.

for months i've been going there less and less. i'm here every day, for a while :rolleyes: i'm on RWI maybe once a week, for a quick check.

my only worry is, when it collapses and the new/regular crowd from there shows up here assuming this place is the same...

i feel sorry for our mods :bicycle:

I hope there will be no forum vs. forum thing. It's really unfortunate if people are forced to "choose their side". Most of the members (in both places) are just interested in watches... and there are lots of good people in both forums.

Edge... that's a bold thing to do... and a big loss for RWI.

I totally understand your position... for me, the math makes no sense... so many great contributors leaving because one person, who is contributing basically nothing of substance, is given the jester's license...

Its unfortunate...things happend they way they did...No one has controll but. Me now..Edge,.Its not right what you did..And once again...I love comming here...And seeing the bad talk bashing..of RWI...cept you PW thanks!...

Ok im out, you guys can continue the foot in mouth process...Throw a couple jabs in there for me...RWI SUX CAUSE ITS DARK!!....Or whatever else you can pick of the top of your head,....rah rah shish boom bah....

Its unfortunate...things happend they way they did...No one has controll but. Me now..Edge,.Its not right what you did..And once again...I love comming here...And seeing the bad talk bashing..of RWI...cept you PW thanks!...

Ok im out, you guys can continue the foot in mouth process...Throw a couple jabs in there for me...RWI SUX CAUSE ITS DARK!!....Or whatever else you can pick of the top of your head,....rah rah shish boom bah....

Now this is some funny $hI7...I dont care who ya are.....

From what I have been told DrmMaster is very young. No crime in that but we might be expecting way to much from him. You only know what you know and he might not have the experience to deal with this. Notice that he has come here to taunt the group but really says nothing. The problem with Klink is yet to be addressed by him. I have PMed him (Tim) in the past in ref to Klink and what I consider real bad behavior by a MOD on the darkside. Never ever has DrmMaster had the guts to answer any questions or respond to any of the issues that have been raised about Klink.

If you go on the Darkside DrmMaster has proclaimed that he is "taking over". Maybe a good thing BUT he has again refused to address the real problem and that would be what to do with Klink? Until he comes up to the plate and deals with the real problem he will just be another "Bean fart in the elevator". There are two heads to DrmMaster his and Klinks. Who is the puppet and who is the voice behind the puppet? By the way Tim did you bring enough for the rest of the class?

Boy you guys just keep on proving my points...Thanks for that!

Anyway...In the interest...Of forum(s) harmony....I honestly hate all this confrontation!...And i do just want to get along...I will remove Klink...from staff....From here on out...And from this second forward....

I hope this puts to rest...any concerns..Anyone may have...And hope we can move forward...Minus the name calling...

(Sir I dont know what you consider young..But surely im not)...

Edge, you always have my respect.

Tim has made a good move today. I just don't see the purpose of coming here and insulting RWG. Members here actually have no problem with RWI, but for one person. Not once has Tim or Klink apologized or acknowledged Klinks transgressions. Tim promised to "look in to it", but thats the last I heard of it. Dawg has now publicly apologized for using his powers to abuse me, and still nothing from Tim. He knows what goes on, he knows that Pugwash was harassed in the same manner, but he still seems to turn his back to it. Now he is insinuating that it is just a grand conspiracy to bring down Klink, himself and RWI. He posts some "accusatory super secret email", then locks the thread. Let the sheep draw their own conclusions.

@drmmaster.....I understand your feelings.......and would like to add the following...!

RWG and RWI are forums that have been set up for the benefit of the members......to privide information....a discussion area....and access to our heart's desires.......both forums share this mission......!

Bearing in mind that there is a cross fertilisation between the members and dealers of both boards......I would ask that both Timmy and Tommy.......ask their respective members to show respect to each others boards and members......let's try to calm the waters between the boards....if each Admin put up a post asking members to be respectful and advise that negative comments from members yowards the other board won't be tolerated.....and will be dealt with.....I'm sure we could establish a better relationship with each other......!

There may come a point in time when either board may be down for a period of time.....and I'm sure that it would be much better if members who choose to spend some time on the board which is up....are going to feel more welcome than otherwise......if we can gel together and develop mutual respect.....!

Both boards are different......and that can only be good for the community as a whole...no need for any of the boards to feel inferior or superior.....celebaret the difference......but with respect to each other....!

I will remove Klink...from staff....From here on out...And from this second forward....

I hope this puts to rest...any concerns..Anyone may have...And hope we can move forward...Minus the name calling...

(Sir I dont know what you consider young..But surely im not)...

Bravo Tim, good move. The boards have moved a giant step closer.