When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's my time to say goodbye to RWI!

Edge

can I also that we show some respect to Tim...he's fighting on two fronts.......it's bad enough that he may have trouble on his own board....without members here giving him a hard time.....let's show him some respect.....and show him who we really are....!

Ok I missed making any form of comment on RWI before the thread was locked down but I just want to say here that Edge has been a personal friend since the inception of both our boards and only one other had as much love for RWI as Edge and that was Cucumber Jones and now they are both gone......................where is the justice in this?

Ken

@Ken.....we're in no position to question the justice of it.......we wouldn't like someone coming here and demanding justice for what happens on another board......it's past now......let's move on....!

Anyway...In the interest...Of forum(s) harmony....I honestly hate all this confrontation!...And i do just want to get along...I will remove Klink...from staff....From here on out...And from this second forward....

Bravo. Good luck with the rebuild. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Anyway...In the interest...Of forum(s) harmony....I honestly hate all this confrontation!...And i do just want to get along...I will remove Klink...from staff....From here on out...And from this second forward....

I hope this puts to rest...any concerns..Anyone may have...And hope we can move forward...Minus the name calling...

@Drm

I tip my hat to you...

Not easy to set a friend aside in the best interest of the community...

Klink certainly has a place on the Boards, just not in a leadership role...

I for one agree with TTK's comment as well - RWI & RWG should be brother's, not enemy's...

We were at one point, and I would welcome the renewal of that...

One last thought - The renewal of Pug's membership would go a long way in the goodwill department...

TT

Originally Posted on RWI

The posts I enjoy the least are the ones where we have the board vs board bitchiness.

Both forums are different. I enjoy them both for their different good points. I would love it if this was the beginning of a greater feeling of brotherhood between RWI and RWG.

Great to see Pugwash on RWI again too.

Her eis my parting message from RWI, I have become tired of the rubbish that is going on and have decided to leave, this is unfortunate, however we all have to move on.

will we do a countdown to it's removal??

HERE!!!

well said. As I indicated previously, I made up my mind a long time ago to not frequent the reconstitued RWI mostly for the reasons you have sighted. I have had no direct interactions with the person you refer to so this is not as much an emotional positon as it is a thoughtful one, although I will tell you that as in infrequent contriburtor and occassional observier , I have been horrified by the way members have been unilaterally banned for daring to express opinions not consistent with those of the admin team. Worse yet, had thier posts edited. Just incredible.

There is just no reason for me to go there until I see sustained evidence of change. Reinstating Pug was a great first step... I do not even know the guy, but I just cannot accept what happened to him, happening to any contributing member of a forum I belong to. I strongly believe the members need to stand up for each other when rubbish like this happens. So while this is a postivei first step there needs to be sustained stability on that site before I will consider it credible again. Let's not forget we have seen this before... Pug is reinstated, mod in question is out.. Pug is out mod in question is reinstated. I need to see some sustained sanity. But that is just one member's opinion.

I cannot speak for everyone and don't pretend I can, but in my mind, that board has an awful lot of work to do to get back to the level of quality of the old site. I hope it pans out, I really do .. I cut my teeth on the old site and I recognize many of the previos site members chose RWI as thier primary home, rather than here, so i want it to do well. But for now, I plan to sit it out.

I too want to call for some calm in this matter.

it is finished, I have left and Klink is gone from the staff. i am sad that there was name calling and suchlike involved, and that it got messy. Tim has been fed a lot of bullsh*t by Klink, and it must be very tough for him.

I understand that he has to way up the pro's and con's and am glad that he has taken action.

I have never done anything, nor will i ever do anything to the detriment of this community, I actually fight to try and make it closer, not tear it apart.

I have been the biggest advocate of a united community, as if we stand together we are harder to tak apart.

I hope that my leaving has brought some good to this community, though it is a regreatable action, it is a required one. I helped in the building of RWI, and am proud to see it move on, I hope all of the satff and members will continue in the tradition that we meant for the board, and that with the removal of Klink, the board gets back to the way it was.

If PW is reinstated then it truly is a good day for the community as he has been avalued and respected member of this community and I have never been happy with the way he was treated. He's a post [censored] but god love him anyway.

I wish all of the staff and members at RWI all the best, and I truyl hope that the board is nothing but successful, and hopefully around for a long time.

All the best.

Edge

I've been a member of the three larger forums for a little while now... 150+ posts on each... about two monthes ago the infighting and general tone of the forums took a sharp turn for the worse in my opinion... perhaps was only on one board and that influenced my feelings about all the forums as a whole... The fighting on RWI was by far the worst.

either way, I took a bit of time off from the forums. I popped my head back up a few weeks back on RWI and saw that things had continued to slide there... Today I decided to read RWG2 a bit and found this thread. Things are looking up I must say.

I'll probably play wallflower at RWI for a while till I see that the changes are for the better and that the changes infact stay "changed". I love reading these forums and enriching my knowledge of watches and movements as a whole... It pained me to stop reading them for a while, hopefully I'll be back in full force now.

/em gently enters toe into the waters to test em out.

Sometimes its just the natural order of things.......periodically the forest needs a fire to clear out the deadwood and undergrowth to make way for new growth....sorry for the stupid metaphor but its true...wasnt that long ago there were only two primary Rep sites TRC and RWG and we all were basically one family at RWG....times change and stuff happens.....unfortunately far too many good people get burned and it becomes hard to see the benefit of it all.....

losing Edge, Big shooter, CJ, TT and others is too high a price to pay IMHO but time will tell....at least they are here and life goes on

Hello All,

Dumb question, why does someone (MOD @ RWG) just remove "the un-named one's" rights to admin the forum

This would seemingly be the simple-est resolution ???

Hi flamemax, this thread is about RWI not RWG.

Ken