When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

vintage full custom destro cortebert pam

flavor flav

this one was one tough project with one hangup after another! it's a cortebert 616 fitted into a vintage 47mm case with plexis installed. took 2 months to finish as parts are not so easy to come by and i had to do alot of fabricating to make everything work.. the dial especially came out awesome as well as the hands. the case was put in a jar of coins and shaken for about 20 minutes to create a worn vintage look on the finish with clean plexis installed front and rear. the stem sits so low that it wouldn't line up even close to the case hole so extensive mods had to be done here including milling 2mm off the inside of the bezel and modifying the crown itself!! just doing some final tuning now so i can ship it out to it's lucky owner who sent me a few days ago a lemania 8 days movement for a 44mm custom PVD case with clear back and plexis are going in.. and a rolex pocket movement for another vintage 47mm pam..... work work work but the end result is priceless!

242882-9287.jpg

242882-9288.jpg

242882-9289.jpg

242882-9290.jpg

242882-9291.jpg

242882-9292.jpg

242882-9293.jpg

242882-9294.jpg

242882-9295.jpg

242882-9296.jpg

242882-9297.jpg

EDIT: by popular request... the fonts have been wabi'd

242882-9298.jpg

Flav, you rock :)

I'm just a bit surprised you didn't go extra mile to 'vintage-ize' that crisp white dial txt, time for your signature "2-day coffee dip", maybe? :)

cheers,

babola

I agree.. Beautiful watch and work but the pure white lettering on the dial text is ruining the whole watch and vintage look.

Flav, you rock :)

I'm just a bit surprised you didn't go extra mile to 'vintage-ize' that crisp white dial txt, time for your signature "2-day coffee dip", maybe? :)

cheers,

babola

was not requested originaly from the owner. the sandwich cannot be seperated at this point without ruining the dial. i can wabi the fonts but may mess up the airbrushing.. after 30+ hours of work on this.. a ruined dial would not make me very happy.

Now the text looks a little too dark, doesn't it? :bicycle:

Just kidding... It is perfect now, congrats! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

(I just still wonder how you could be able to airbrush a dial and leave any text untouched...)

@Flav

are dial and hand for Unitas? How do you fix dial and hands on cortebert? It is difficult work?

the hands are cortebert hands. moljina hands may fit with a bit of crimping and reworking. the dial is unitas. it's a really hard project and takes alot of patience and time. absolutely nothing fits! everything i mean everything needs modded to fit.