When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

111h from scratch.

Xac

I went ahead and bought this

http://www.perfectclones88.com/pn11105-ser...6497-p-782.html

I guess I'm going to mod it myself.

What's a good start? I was thinking of sending it over to The Zigmeister for a relume and cannon pin fix for starters. I'd like to get a new dial, without the t swiss t so close to the six and the proper A's. Is the lume part of the dial on the 111h or is it something under the cutouts that is lumed? I'd love to just order a pre-lumed dial with those fixes. Where I can find one like that?

I have a set of parts for the 111h, case, hands, everything that I can sell you for pretty cheap to practice on, that way you can play about till your heart's content. I can through in a movement to see about playing with that as well. Movement surrently not working well, but hey it will do.

PM me if you are keen on any of the parts.

Edge

that 111h is expensive!...i remember River posting it at th 100$ or 115$ shipped!...

i just had the pleasure to get two 111h fully modded...i cannot wait to get them!...will post pics once the reach me!...

ordered some palp crowns as well...to mod them to the last part they are missing...then they will be perfect...

I hope you project goes well...

But the hardest thing to modify is the incorrect font colors for the 111. The gen fonts is off-white and the rep is pure white.

I wonder why did they do this? Since the Fiddy was the correct color, and the Radiomir is right too... Strange...

But the hardest thing to modify is the incorrect font colors for the 111. The gen fonts is off-white and the rep is pure white.

I wonder why did they do this? Since the Fiddy was the correct color, and the Radiomir is right too... Strange...

some of the members say that the font colour should be wht some of them say it should be off-wht...

member flavor flav...did a comparison between the gen and rep 111h...and he said the font colour was the same...I have never had a chance to compare the gen and the rep...so I bought two modded 111h...one has the wht font colour and the other has the off-wht (special techinique used to do that mod)...will post pics once i get them...

Is there anywhere to source the actual swiss movement with correct bridges/swan neck etc?

These are known as "Genuine Panerai Parts" and as such are hideously expensive. You can get a Swiss movement, but the parts made specially for Panerai will be Chinese knock-offs (aka Replica).

some of the members say that the font colour should be wht some of them say it should be off-wht...

member flavor flav...did a comparison between the gen and rep 111h...and he said the font colour was the same...I have never had a chance to compare the gen and the rep...so I bought two modded 111h...one has the wht font colour and the other has the off-wht (special techinique used to do that mod)...will post pics once i get them...

LOL... To tell you the truth... I own a gen... :-p

I dare to wager with anyone here, the gen for the 111 (H series onwards, meaning those 111 with sandwiched dial) has off white fonts!

Dare to take any challenges anyone? LOL :victory:

LOL... To tell you the truth... I own a gen... :-p

I dare to wager with anyone here, the gen for the 111 (H series onwards, meaning those 111 with sandwiched dial) has off white fonts!

Dare to take any challenges anyone? LOL :victory:

good to hear that...now i know which of the 2 that I am getting is gonna be my favourite...

Looks good! I like the improved SWISS MADE and this is very close to the gen.

The only two "flaws" (difference actually) I can see is:

1) white fonts

2) too greenish lume due to pure C3 SLN used. (a mix of a higher content of C1 would be better)

Well, both can be fixed if you are willing to do it!

Great! Yes, I'm very happy with the corrected L Swiss L, the close to the 6 one really bothered me. Also, I'm looking forward to the improved lume. I'm going to call a watch guy near me to see how much he'll charge for the dial/hand swap tomorrow.

Have you considered getting a second hand gen instead? You can probably get a gen 2nd hand for a little above 3 000 usd. You will then get a perfect genuine watch, with the felling of a gen, which you can keep forever if you want and which you will be able to seel and get the money back if you get tired of it. I think getting a rep and then spend so much money and efforts to modify it, and you will still just have "just a rep" I am not sure will be the wisest even from an economical point of view. Just a thought......

I went ahead and bought this

http://www.perfectclones88.com/pn11105-ser...6497-p-782.html

I guess I'm going to mod it myself.

What's a good start? I was thinking of sending it over to The Zigmeister for a relume and cannon pin fix for starters. I'd like to get a new dial, without the t swiss t so close to the six and the proper A's. Is the lume part of the dial on the 111h or is it something under the cutouts that is lumed? I'd love to just order a pre-lumed dial with those fixes. Where I can find one like that?