When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oris TT1 Diver Bezel replacement an easy job?

After posting a couple of "blue watch" questions on the forum, I had settled on the Oris TT1 Diver with a blue face. I finally found one on eBay ($600). The face and crystal are perfect. It keeps good time. The case and bracelet have scratches I feel I can buff out with some time and the tools I have aquired to buff my SS reps. The blue bezel insert has several deep scratches, and I will not be happy until it is replaced. I called Oris service in NY, and the rep said "$75-100 to open the case, and then we wait for the part from switzerland, and then replace it and close the case up, 4-6 week turnaround". Guy was nice, but open up the case to replace the bezel ring insert? Has anyone worked on the bezel or bezel ring of an Oris TT1 diver? Is this ring replacement a DIY job with a razor blade and some epoxy, or is it a send out to Vacuum or The Zigmeister? Any place to get a ring without using the service center to source one for me from Switzerland? Thanks all.

Some watches have a really tight bezel assembly (like the UPO).... removing the movement and crystal is practically the only way to replace the insert in these cases. So it depends on the watch and the tightness of the bezel assembly.

Mark

Edited by Rolexman

Thanks Mark. I found a link on the friendsofOris forum that suggested $145 to replace the bezel via the factory was the safest way to go, as the Bezel assembly to somehow tied closely to the case on that particular watch. They also polish the case while it is there, so overall I think it will be a wise investment in a gen watch. Thanks again.