When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 6263

davethecat

post-302-1179804230_thumb.jpg

Everyone that starts a v72 6263 has lots of stories to tell. I sure do. I wont bore you with all of my fits and starts. Instead let me tell you what I've got and then pass on some significant thanks

DW Case, pushers, and hands

Updated DW dial on a Singer base

Timeman Bezel and Insert

Gen Crown and Tube

Gen Tropic 21 crystal

Gen Oyster Bracelet 78350 (solid sides)

CWP fabed 571 end links

NOS 726 from a Certina that still has all of its tags on it.

My only request is that if you see something wrong - Don't point it out. I love it, but I'm neurotic just like you guys. Don't make me do anything else to it, please! :rolleyes:

Couple of thank you's:

Avitt & Ubi - Thanks for the advice, and all of the great posts here. I was able to learn a lot from just reading your topics and replies.

Rob: What can I say? A true gentleman. Rob has now worked on 6 of my watches, all perfect. Four of them are chronos: an Asian 7750, a Venus/Seagull, a V72, and a v726. This most recent transaction was the first time I was able to talk to Rob live. He's just as genuine and helpful real-time as he is on our bbs. Rob, you're real asset to our community.

This one was my dream watch from when I first got the watch bug some 30 years ago. I saw my first 6263 when I was a kid walking though Neiman Marcus at the Houston Galleria during the crazy oil boom days. I never thought I'd own one. Now I more or less do. Dream come true. My Daytona is pictured next to my other childhood dream - but it's not a rep...... :D

post-302-1179804956_thumb.jpg

Guest avitt
My only request is that if you see something wrong - Don't point it out. I love it, but I'm neurotic just like you guys. Don't make me do anything else to it, please! :rolleyes:

That one made me LOL...I know exactly how you feel.

Congratulations on your beautiful work! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by avitt

• 6 years later...

Very reluctantly, Im about to put this guy up for sale on the Forum. Email sent to the mods to get clearance. A rare find obviously with a documented pedigree. And from a forever member of course.

Ill answer any question you guys may have in advance. just pm me on the forum

someone will get a real gem