When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Chronomat Evolution or Navitimer

chaosboy

Hi everybody,

Let me preface this topic by letting you all know that I am brand new to this site and equally new to replica's. I have had a diehard obsession with watches for the longest time, but I simply don't have the cash to spend six grand on one, so I started looking at Replica's. I've looked around this site and read as much as possible (including's By-Tor's and Edge's fantastic guides) and I'd really really like to find myself an excellent Chronomat Evolution or Navitimer replica. I live in Canada, and I'd be looking to spend about 200 or so (less is better of course, but not at the expense of quality!) If anyone could help point me in the right direction of where I could find a quality dealer for such a watch, I would greatly appreciate it. This site has such a wealth of information, and it's prevented me from getting suckered into scams, which I've always avoided but still been tempted by, and I figured this would be the absolute best place to get some help.

I sincerely appreciate any help you can all provide me with. Thanks again!

Welcome to the forum.

I think you will find that most members will be careful to recommend you where to buy. But as you read, you will find out the places. 200 might be a bit too low for a Chronomat Evo or a Navitimer. These normally run in just below 300, with shipping.

Good luck! Both are very very nice watches, and among the best buys! :)

Thanks for the welcome guys.

250 to 300, I suppose I should've expected that. I take it that it's due to the fact that Breitling replica's seem to be a hell of a lot more rare when compared to the sub's and such.

Ethol, you mentioned getting one with an asian movement with faux chrono's. The price sounds a lot better than 300 obviously, but I'd rather spend the extra money if its no good. The faux chrono ones that you've heard of, what is the quality like? Solid weight/look/build? Is the movement itself usually solid, or do you mean to say that the watch does not function at all? (forgive my newb-ish-ness here). If you could point me in the direction of some of the reps with faux chrono's that you've seen I'd appreciate it, just because I'd like to scope them out and see what their like before pursuing a cheaper model over a better asian rep with working chrono's. Any thoughts/directions?

Ps. I find Breitling's to be far nicer than Rolex's. Personal preference I suppose, but the detail I find to be far more impressive. Don't get me wrong, a Sub is a beautiful watch and I'd love to grab a rep of one eventually. It's certainly not my first choice :) It's Breitling's all the way for me.

Don't go for the faux complications on a cheaper rep. Just don't waste your money. I know the temptation is great to jump in and get one quickly to fill the urge but I suggest the following. Hold in there, the choices you list are good ones and once you see a quality rep of these two watches, they will blow you away. The evolution is the new model and prices are still high. I suggest going for the Navitimer as it is a classic and very distinctive.

Check out all the 'collectors' in the forum menu section and email or PM for prices if they are not listed. When you find the one you want for the price you can pay - go for it. Next best thing is to ask if anyone has a used rep they want to get rid of for a good price. Many reps are bought but rarely worn and someone may have one at a good price.

Good luck.

Usil

Usil,

Thank you very much for the useful advice! I figured that the faux ones wouldn't be worth it, but you're absolutely right, the temptation is certainly there. I'll take your advice, and hopefully see what I can find! This whole process is exciting and making me ansy. lol

Ok guys, thanks so far for your help. I've read the guides by By-Tor and what not, read as much as I can, and still have an insane itch to get my hands on a navitimer or BCE.

I guess my noobishness is going to shine through here again, but even with all my reading, I'm finding it a bit difficult to determine how exactly I go about actually finding and purchasing one of these replica's. I've found reviews for people who have got them, what they look like, all that jazz, which has helped me to determine which ones I'm going to look into, but I'm sort of lost as to how to go about looking into it. I've been getting the impression that simply PM'ing some of the collectors on the board (I keep hearing names like Joshua, Andreww, TTK, Ruby etc and I'm assuming these are dealers?) but I don't know if that's correct, for etiquette reasons or otherwise...Could anyone help me out with this? Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for everyone's help thus far.