When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen vs. Rep

rocket754

Anybody looking for a relatively inexpensive Cartier rep can look no further than the Pasha Seatimer. It's been a favorite of mine and I would like to show just how close this timepiece is.

The pics of the gen are borrowed but they are used for educational purposes.

The dial for the seatimer is spot on for a rep. If you think about it....the dial is really pretty simple. No real complicated details.

The gen is always on the top. Some versions didn't have any lume on the pearl but all new versions have the lume just make sure it fills the triangle completely.

Compare:

33756037mv9.jpgcimg0864am5.jpg

52503458mi5.jpgcimg0857ny4.jpg

The bracelet should have screws in every link just like the gen. Some versions didn't have them but most new models are correct. Also the version you buy should have the ring that raises above the bezel. See below

Compare:

27213533rj3.jpgcimg0862qu1.jpg

The rep bracelet is very good. I believe the rubberized bracelet adds some sport flavor to this model. The Cartier trademarks are correct on borth the clasp and the bracelet

Compare:

94236328tg1.jpgcimg0860de9.jpg

28694771xh1.jpgcimg0859mg7.jpg

11683879ql3.jpgcimg0858zc1.jpg

The crown cover and carbochon are very close. The rep version seems to sit deeper in the crown cover than the gen. I think this is getting nitpicky however this watch is near perfect. I does have flaws but you should really let the pictures do the talking.

I would say this is under rated super rep. I would expect it to merit that status or at least near it.

69616220bj7.jpgcimg0863rs2.jpg

cimg0868uw7.jpg

I believe most all the forum dealers can get this watch for you so choose your dealer and then make your purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Great review, nice pictures also! :smile:

I bought the white Seatimer, to have a watch to share with my girlfriend. Excellent watch, I love the electric blue hands.

DSC_3448.jpg

Black crown is not correct for the white dial version, but it does not concern me.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is indeed an amazing watch!!! My motehr is quite fan of Cartier and she has this model on gen... I`ve got a rep of it, since we live in different countries, and it definitely looks very similar. My only issue is with the feel of the rubber cover on the strap. The gen feels much more comfy and soft than the rep I have, which feels more plastic... maybe is just my rep. I am planning on getting another rep, just to make com`parison of quality since this rep I have was bought from a site not advertised in our forum... so maybe soon enough will be posting a rep vs rep...

By the way, went to the AD the otehr day and had a look at the chrono version! I almost left the store wearing one! Live looks a gizzillion times bettern than in pics! It s an amazing watch as well... wondering if they will make a good rep of it also!!!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...