When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FULL 18K GOLD Breitling Chronomat (replica)

Rolexman

I came across an add from a guy in Holland who sells his FULL 18K GOLD Breitling Chronomat. The add says it is equipped with an ETA 7750, sapphire and is full 18K gold. Didn't get much wrist time so no scratches or scuffs.

USD: 2450,-

Euro: 2000,-

Can this be true???.... I never came across such a rep here or at RWG1!!

DEALERS: do you guys know something more about these beauties??

WHERE DO THEY COME FROM??

26980-687.png

26980-688.png

Edited by Rolexman

the raw 18kt gold in a heavy watch like that is worth as much or more than the asking price. i would guess its full 18k wrapped or something like that. If the word "solid" isn't used to describe the gold, then i would guess that it is not for that price

To keep the forum in english, as is contained in the rules and general interest of the members.

Marktplaats - the dutch based ebay owned corporation is nowadays flooded with just as much scammer based products; such as A Rolex Submariner G/S for 1,000 Euros to a bank in Nigeria. ANY watch/cellphone/laptop/ipod you list will be contacted within 24 hours by a scammer offering 5 times your asking price and a shipping address to nigeria for immediate deposit/departure scheme.

Also, translators are used.

So you think its a dutch person but they just write the email to you in english and pass it through a translator. Therefore all emails you respond in dutch are then once again translated for them to read in for example English.

Kind Regards,

Floris

P.S. The watch is either a rep, the guy doesnt know what he owns, a scam, or plated....My guess? plated rep.

Its one of those "but I didnt know it was a rep" sellers.

Edited by Dutchy

I was aware of that Dutchy but good for pointing it out to the other members. I also think it's a plated rep (I own the SS version) but it has an Asian 7750. Look at the pic and see the resemblance....

27286-616.jpg

Edited by Rolexman

If the guy is lying about the gold why wouldn't he lie about the movement too?

Chronomat two-tone and SS is a mighty good looking watch but this full gold version... uhh. I don't think I like it.

I'd be happy with a tutone version in 14k with the Asian 7750 that runs the Iwc Gst Titanium...

Ditto. I would LOVE to have the blue TT Chronomat as well.

Great watch.

I came across an add from a guy in Holland who sells his FULL 18K GOLD Breitling Chronomat. The add says it is equipped with an ETA 7750, sapphire and is full 18K gold.

I think there's little question that's a rep, and that the bezel is cast in gold. That's pretty easy to tell how by how shitty the casting job is. Since I'm always persuing idiotic ways to improve my reps, I've looked into having solid 18k versions cast from ss rep or OEM parts to make use of a few Maple Leafs collecting dust in my safe--I think "storing" them in sweet rep form is a much better use for the gold.

They have some newish casting technology that can cast stuff like crowns, backs, and bezels with nearly the precision as milling, but it looks to me like that process was not used on that watch. Cases are pretty easy to do (as evidenced by that case) but engraved bezels are nnot.

In order to do it correctly you would need to make a metal mold of the origional and that use a plastic injector to form the part that is going to be burned out. The proble comes in the casting of it. Jeweler investment is fickle when it is poured and the plastic can become slightly torqued when you remove the air bubbles from the investment mixture.

I have actually made a 14kt gold case by molding the case with rubber and then injecting it with wax. Slight torque occured as well as having a lot of finishing to do. My dad wears the watch today. It was done from a Ricoh Watch. Had to modify the back because this watch had a snap on back that would not be able to be produced in gold. I took the snap on case from the origional and used it for the back.

I am a jeweler by trade, now I sell Jewelers tools, Beads, Findings ( Clasps etc). At one time we Manufactured all the Nautical Jewelery for Zales in Florida. This was before they decalared Bankruptcy and were bought out by Peoples Jewelers. Cost me a mint because they only paid 10 cents on the dollar owed.

Birdman