When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc 2000m

Casey

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think of the new iwc? It looks pretty close to me, but I have not been able to find very many pictures of the genuine on the web.

It's very close, but has one or two gotchas. It's closer than your average Sub or SMP though.

What are the flaws that you can see pugwash?

Straight off?

The minute ticks are the wrong length. The date window is too close to the edge. The ticks at 12 are too close together. You know, really minor stuff you'd only notice if you sat there with both versions in front of you.

Have I mentioned how much I want one?

i gotta have this one. Those flaws are not enough to keep me away.

The only thing that's stopped me from making Mrs Pugwash cry about having to eat noodles for the 5th week in a row is the lack of Titanium version. That and the fact I prefer my balls unkicked. :D

Does anyone know if a leather band can be fitted on this lady ?

The original came with an optional velcro band. I believe it had special end lugs that replaced the ones at ... um, the ends.

Come on, the IWC has bar none the finest strap ever made. You'd be a fool to replace it. :D

Thanks Pugwash, you found it.. is gold evident in the hands and markers..??

Please don't mistake my meticulous and thorough research and eye for detail as expertise, by the way. Until the dealers posted the pics of these reps, I'd never heard of these beauties before. :Jumpy:

The original came with an optional velcro band. I believe it had special end lugs that replaced the ones at ... um, the ends.

Come on, the IWC has bar none the finest strap ever made. You'd be a fool to replace it. :D

Well after having owned two gsts and a third in transit,.. you are right, the bands on these are like

liquid metal that flows over the wrist..{though you should try in s/s.. = smoother. :D }

I have never felt the likes.. though I suspect that a Jubilee may come close.. I will know in a few

as I have my first coming soon...

I may not change this Aqua,.. just was curious about the possibility.. and had a quick flash of the black model

with a thick black shark skin band... but since most of my collection are clothed in leather a few metal bands

would be nice.

The only thing that's stopped me from making Mrs Pugwash cry about having to eat noodles for the 5th week in a row is the lack of Titanium version. That and the fact I prefer my balls unkicked. :D

at first i read that as 'i prefer my balls unlicked'

to which i thought why the hell not?