When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc 2000m

Casey

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since all our dealers are going only by photos sent to them from the supplier, I submit that nobody yet knows the true color of the dial on the rep. The gen appears to be one of those colors that shifts considerably with increased exposure on the photo. We need someone to buy the 'white' one and give us a review. It won't be me, as I have the black one coming. If the white one turns out to be an accurate silver, I'll be all over it!

I allso think that the crown is not screwed down. Thats sad i think... Is it a way to make it waterproof if the crown is not a screw down crown?

Why on earth do you assume the crown doesn't screw down?

At a guess, I'd say the crown does screw down. It does on the original, it does on the GST Chrono ...

It's a felling i have!!! Bellive me i would be verry happy and glad if this watch came with a screw down crown...

Imagine that they shared parts with the GST Chrono, then it'd have a screw-down crown. I bet you will not be disappointed. :D

Shadows of what it looks like threads to me, but I don't have my glasses on.

I'm very tempted by one of these, but I did receive an email from Andrew today and he say's that as far as he knows it does NOT have a screw down crown :yucky:

I hope he's wrong!

Having had 3 gens, 2 s/s and one ti, i can tell you they have a screw down crown. they are also much larger than the gst chrono. they come in at 42mm. the gen white dial was a shop hog, no one wanted them. The second hand on the gen white dial is blue. the bracelet system is very comfortable as stated previously. another problem with the white dial, when they were produced, iwc for some reason used tritium on the 12 indices and hands and SL on the rest of the indices, hence, it should say T swiss made T on the dial. I had one of these mixed dial versions and sold it because the 12 marker yellowed in relation to the other markers. It reminded me of 2 big yellow teeth. heres a pic i took of mine.

28592-329.jpg