When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Homer's Navitimer - fantastic Rep?

Esteban

--- it is very interesting that it seems to be the same watch. Much cheaper. :)

The colour of the dial is the same it is at the gen. Also the backside seems to be very close to the gen. The closest modell I have ever seen.

But I'm not a real Breitling-Navitimer-Expert.

What do experts think about Homer's Navitimer? What about the Movement? The only thing I have seen as a difference to the gen are the subdials. Look at them - they are different in colour (the gen seems to be totally white) and the edge.

What's your opinion?

That black Navitimer is an excellent replica. I'm going to fully review the older model "Serie Speciale" soon. Watch this space closely.

Bytor,

I'm curious if you know what years the Serie Special with the fighters on the back was available. Was is only available in one subdial configuration, or both? i.e. 7750 and 7753 movements.

Bytor,

I'm curious if you know what years the Serie Special with the fighters on the back was available. Was is only available in one subdial configuration, or both? i.e. 7750 and 7753 movements.

Dunno yet but I'm trying to educate myself on this watch as we speak. When my rep arrives my review tells everything I know. ;)

Dunno yet but I'm trying to educate myself on this watch as we speak. When my rep arrives my review tells everything I know. ;)

Thanks.

I know where to get some very special commemorative genuine dials for the Navitimer, but I'm not sure what case to use. They're 7750 subdial config, so it should be OK to use the fighters case.

What makes Navitimer very special rep is the correct subdial spacing... due to the copy of authentic 7750 movement used. You rarely see that in reps.

I've heard it's a heavy and substantial watch as well. Let's hope so, I'll probably get mine in Monday or Tuesday... and you'll see a huge review of it.

The usual problem with this new Navitimer model is the date which doesn't align very well. Older rep version has some problems too, but overall these Navitimers are excellent. The Asian 7750 movement is the usual concern of course.

What makes Navitimer very special rep is the correct subdial spacing... due to the copy of authentic 7750 movement used. You rarely see that in reps.

I've heard it's a heavy and substantial watch as well. Let's hope so, I'll probably get mine in Monday or Tuesday... and you'll see a huge review of it.

The usual problem with this new Navitimer model is the date which doesn't align very well. Older rep version has some problems too, but overall these Navitimers are excellent. The Asian 7750 movement is the usual concern of course.

Where have you ordered your Navi? Homer? Do you know which movement is in Homers Navi? The ordinary old 7750 or the improved version? Nice watch, the Navitimer. :)

Edited by Uhrenfreund25

I bought one from Homer. Looks exactly like on the pictures. Very satisfied :)

Compare to the real one: it is difficult to say. I'm not an expert in Navitimers.

Homer's rep is VERY GOOD but it is a rep.

If you look the rep alone, it is very difficult to see the difference btw. the rep and the real watch. But if you make a face to face comparison (I had chance to compare both in a shop), there is no question (even for a newbie like me).

The quality of the rep is lower especially:

* weight;

* feeling of the chronograph buttons;

* appearence of the steel bracelet ;

* readability of the chronograph;

In few word, Homer's Navitimer reps are VERY good. But don't expect to find the quality of a 3000$ Breitling in a 300$ rep. From my point of view, rep is the choice when you cannot afford the real watch.

the subdial in the rep overlaps the tick marks. the gen doesn't touch the tick marks.

Yes. You're right. The gen subdials also overlap them, but only the longer (minute) tick marks.

Does anyone know a better Rep of the Navitimer than Homer's? To make it clear: I do not.

Edited by Esteban

Yes. You're right. The gen subdials also overlap them, but only the longer (minute) tick marks.

Does anyone know a better Rep of the Navitimer than Homer's? To make it clear: I do not.

you know what i mean. and ditto on that. i'm beginning to like these.

Edited by faonmyea

you know what i mean. and ditto on that. i'm beginning to like these.

What you need in every case is the leather-strap. best case: genuine strap.

Hopefully it will fit to the rep...

The rep-bracelett would seem to be a cheap copy of the gen.

Do you know a dealer who offers 1st class-leather straps for Navitimer?

Hey krustybrand, how do you compare it with the one I received from you ?

Personally I can't see any differences... I do note that on some dates, the number sits

low and some are perfect like the 18th and 19th for instance...

By the way you should see her all dressed up in this Blue Shark Skin outfit I brought for her.. :D

Hey By-Tor,.. Welcome to the 7750 via Asia club,.. I'm sure you will be fine !

If you have any questions... here to help ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I just sold my Serie Speciale to a member. It is a very good rep. Crisp dial, decent datewheel, decent movement (at least on mine), and exceptional fit and finish. I only sold it because I want a 45mm PO with ETA when it becomes available. After becoming a Pam guy, 40mm is just too small for me.

I ordered a Breitling Navitimer – Series Special (Black Face) from Trusty last week. Hope to get it soon. I really like the looks of this watch.

My other Breitling is the Chrono Avenger and it's fit and trim is amazing. Everything is silky smooth, perfect time. Pams and Breits - what could be better?

usil

Hey By-Tor,.. Welcome to the 7750 via Asia club,.. I'm sure you will be fine !

If you have any questions... here to help ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks RT. I couldn't resist the temptation anymore, I absolutely NEED a Navitimer. :lol: