When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona

I have done a few and had no trouble fitting gen tubes & crowns. They all needed to have the existing tube hole slightly countersunk since the original rep tube had a flat [censored] where it mated with the case (the gen tubes have rounded mating surfaces). And I re-tapped one of the cases because the existing threads in the hole did not match exactly with the threads on the gen case tube. I probably could have installed the tube without tapping, but I wanted to do it right.

I have done a few and had no trouble fitting gen tubes & crowns. They all needed to have the existing tube hole slightly countersunk since the original rep tube had a flat [censored] where it mated with the case (the gen tubes have rounded mating surfaces). And I re-tapped one of the cases because the existing threads in the hole did not match exactly with the threads on the gen case tube. I probably could have installed the tube without tapping, but I wanted to do it right.

Thanks.

What should be the correct size of drill bit to make the countersink?

I think I used an 11/64" (inch) drill bit.

And I have no idea why my previous post got censored. I do not remember the exact word or words I used, but it was something like '[censored]' or 'face', as in the rep tube had a flat [censored] or face.

Apparently, the word 'f l a n g e' (without the spaces) is being automatically censored for some reason.