When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW for 2893... will it fit on the 2836-2 also?

lanikai

i can't speak for lello's DW, but my finepics DW for the 2893 also worked with the 2836....you can see his post about it here....

deltatahoe

Thanx, i really like the font on the wheel finepics has, tried to mail him but his box is full ... does anyone know if Lello's font is the same??

Edited by lanikai

does anyone know if Lello's font is the same??

If you mean whether Lello and Finepics shared the same file, then no: they made their search and their work independently.

But as far as I know both their fonts are the same as the genuine, so (for the transitive property of equality ;) ) they are supposed to be the same font.

hey guy's on last question

will the DW's from lello fit on the 2836-2 also or are they just compatiblw with the 2893's

The 2836 movements use the recessed datewheels, so both Finepics' and Lello's wheels will work. The question we've run into is whether the specific 2893 that some people are trying to fit the wheels to will work, and in that case it depends on what type of wheel is in the movement to begin with. I was one of the lucky ones who had success with a Finepics wheel in a 2893 movement.

The 2836 movements use the recessed datewheels, so both Finepics' and Lello's wheels will work. The question we've run into is whether the specific 2893 that some people are trying to fit the wheels to will work, and in that case it depends on what type of wheel is in the movement to begin with. I was one of the lucky ones who had success with a Finepics wheel in a 2893 movement.

thanks guy's i will get the wheels from Lello ... parts first then watch ... thanks again C.T. , sssurfer, and Tahoe....