When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Mighty SMP Chronograph

By-Tor

SMP my favorite rep to wear. Zed, good to see you over here. What does so it will keeep running after the date change mean- ? BY-Tor you da man. Great reviews on all the watches - i .truely enjoy reading them and appreciate the effort involved266971-4405.jpg

Hope to see other omega reps on my wrist soon.

SMP my favorite rep to wear. Zed, good to see you over here. What does so it will keeep running after the date change mean- ?

Hey Hooch

All 3 of mine die or stop running around 1:30 AM , the movement from the date changing over eats up the power reserve even when in the winder ..

Zed

Hey Hooch

:mellow:

All 3 of mine die or stop running around 1:30 AM , the movement from the date changing over eats up the power reserve even when in the winder ..

Zed

Beautiful watch but it has to be hand wound?? Are you kidding me?

Beautiful watch but it has to be hand wound?? Are you kidding me?

Nevermind my idiocy - I guess you mean in the winding box.

I am surprised no one has mentioned that this "perfect" rep stops ticking every night!

IF you bought 3 of them and they all do it, seems like someone would of mentioned it. What a buzz killer.

• 1 month later...
I bought 3 SMP Chronos , 2 from Josh and 1 from Andrew ..

Josh's are good but I had to realign the bezel on both but Andrew's really surprised me , it was spot on like the Gen , the bezel insert was dead on aligned with the peaks and the insert itself was just a shade darker blue like the Gen , also the crown guard wasn't as big like the Gen so I think Andrew has the best SMP Chrono but since I only have one from him I don't know if it was a fluke or not ..

Zed

p.s. the HE valve is off on both guys watches though <_<

I have the SMP Chrono with a mis-aligned bezel. What was your method for realignment. Did you remove the bezel in the process or adjust the insert with the bezel still attached to the watch?

I am surprised no one has mentioned that this "perfect" rep stops ticking every night!

What on earth are you guys talking about? :o

I've never heard of any 7750-based watch "stopping" because the power reserve wouldn't survive from the date change. Actually that's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. 3 out of 3... sounds like a fairytale to me. This has the exact same Asian 7750 as every other rep chronograph.

So sorry to ask, I know everyone hates answering this question but, who carries the best version of the SMP chrono? Also is there one available with AR? Thanks!

PS: It's beyond me why members complain about the lack of AR all the time now, even on reps that should not have AR. GENUINE SMP CHRONOGRAPH DOES NOT HAVE AR... except the very last 2007 model with red dial text (which has light one-sided AR, barely noticeable). And besides... the dial isn't very reflective at all. It's beautiful and detailed... and very readable in all lighting conditions. AR this, AR that... 12 months ago nobody even mentioned it, now it looks like people demand AR everywhere. You know... "the wall clock in my kitchen doesn't have AR and it's SO annoying..." :lol:

A new photo I snapped of the SMP, enjoy.

299052-1.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

does anyone know if they make a Rep of this:

Man, I would buy that in a heartbeat!!!

Yes they do. Read the Omega Guide (sticky in the Omega forum, the link is also in my signature).

Edited by By-Tor

Yes they do. Read the Omega Guide (sticky in the Omega forum, the link is also in my signature).

thanks by-thor........but WOW! :o I guess I should definitely stay away then! shucks!!!

as per the review:

What a huge disappointment this replica was! Pearl is awful, bezel is weird and of course it has completely wrong looking crown guards and datefont. Above all this it has a Seamonster caseback with the engraving "SPEEDMASTER". This is a real shame because the genuine is a great looker. Stay away if you're looking for accuracy. Another wasted opportunity and half-assed job by the factories.

crap...this one is a great looker, if they had only done it right!

I guess I'll stick to my bad boy for now:

299102-3611.jpg

Hey Hooch

Zed

Issues with mine are starting to show now after 3 weeks of ownership. its been on my wrist daily and I have no winder- but when i come home from work, I take it off and put it on the counter with my phone, keys and wallet- say around 6pm. If I do not put it back on the wrist by 6:30 am, its dead. I even moved the date change to happen at 12pm on my watch so it happens at noon instead of midnight.

Even before I got it, I knew this might not be the most reliable movement - so I contacted The Zigmeister to figure out how to get into his list, price, etc- then I bought an ETA PO so I had a pretty suitable back up....

I'll assume that a decent cleaning and oiling of this movement should take care of my issues.... I hope.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey Guys,

Has anybody of you bought the SMP Chrono from PT recently?

Rewiew...

Cheers

Guys, am i right in saying a gen 7750 movement as for offer in the groupbuy would be able to be put into the SMP Chrono with easy by The Zigmeister?? Further, are there any issues with misaligned date wheels?

Thanks

Kris