When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Steelfish Superocean

chaosboy

Hey everyone

In the last week or so I've absolutely fallen in love with the SFSO, and I think I really want to purchase it. I've been looking at the Asian ETA 2813 21J version thats up on the Trusty Time website, and it costs $168. The pictures look fabulous (much better than a lot of other reps at that price safe for some Rolexs and Omega's) but after all the reading I've done around here on the SFSO, I'm getting the impression that most people purchase the more expensive $300 or so dollar version, which is a little bit out of my price range. I'd really really really like to order the Asian SFSO like...today...but I wanted to ask you guys if any of you have experience with it (and I'm especially interested if you got it from Trusty Time). How's the movement, the quality, the finishes, weight/look etc? I've heard some minor complaints like the fact that it doesn't have AR coating (which, as nice as it is, I think I can live without for an extra nearly 200 bucks) and other minor things. Can anyone who knows help me out here with a bit of information, just on the asian 2813 version? If I hear mostly good things and there are no glaring problems, I'll be ordering my first replica today!

I'd really appreciate some help, so thanks in advance!

There has been some confusion about which movement it is in the cheaper Steelfishes.. The "Light" versions of the Steelfish and Planet Ocean use a Miyota 8215 copy movement, called 2813, as discussed in this thread. Nevertheless, it seems to be an excellent movement. Owners experiences are in this thread. :)

I don't have it myself, partly because I feel that my PO fills much the same "need" for a heavy diver and partly because my Chronomat Evolution is so excellent. If I should choose, I think I would go for the Asian version. Same waterproofness, but no AR and less scratch-resistant glass.

Thanks Chrgod! Both times I've posted a topic on here you've been very helpful, so thank you.

So....I purchased it! The reviews of the asian version all sounded very positive, so I just ordered a White Dial SFSO on SS bracelet. *jumps around* I can't wait to get it! Will post pics and all as soon as I get it. I'm so excited to have finally ordered one. Woooo

Now, does anyone have a time machine so I can fast forward through the next couple of days? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hi,

congrats !

Which flavour did you choose ?

I have one too, have a look in my signature : the finish is excellent, and it's more than sure that it's exactly the same case and bracelet as the swiss. Only the movement and crystal are different. Of course, the Swiss one is surely close to perfect, but I warranty you that even with the Asian version you'll have a visual shock !

I vote for more such beautiful reps at this rate !

If I may : I would advise you buy the bracelet version, then you easily find fitting leather strap. The contrary is more difficult...and expensive.

Hey Pix,

Your watch is a beauty! The one I ordered is from Andrew and just like yours, White Dial and SS bracelet. Yours is a beauty!! I had actually already looked at your pics/review when I was making my decision, and your review/pics and the thread that accompanied it really convinced me to go with the cheaper model because it just sounds fabulous. Believe me, I'm already getting ansy and I ordered the watch two hours ago! This will be my first rep, so I'm really hoping its a great experience. Keep your fingers crossed, and I hope you're enjoying your SFSO. Just gorgeous!

Sorry Pug, thats what it was listed as on Andrew's site, so I'm just going by that. I've been doing as much reading on this copy of a copy of a copy business with the movement in this watch, but its still rather confusing so simple mistake.

If TT is as fast as he was for me, you'll wear your first (super)rep early next week !!

Look forward to watching to your pics ! :D

And it's true, ETA naming is used for anything, and even if the Asian Miyota clone is good, it's not related in any way with the ETA manufacture.

But I think that the "Asian" mention clearly shows we're speaking of some "cheap" movement ^_^

Sorry Pug, thats what it was listed as on Andrew's site, so I'm just going by that. I've been doing as much reading on this copy of a copy of a copy business with the movement in this watch, but its still rather confusing so simple mistake.

Understood. :D

Yes, Andrew needs to stop lying, but he knows this and he's not about to stop. Sorry for sounding harsh, but dealers misleading us bugs me.