When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Royal Oak predicament

So....in relation to the CBA ......what particular benefits do you think you would gain from the process....other than the personal satisfaction of having 'footered" about with your REP and managed to do the job you set out to do...( or maybe not....perhaps a LOST screw.....damaged case etc etc )...dya think ANYONE other than you is going to appreciate the work you did......would you be able to proudly say...."you see those bolts......I personally made them and had them WG plated".......would this impress anyone...more than the watch itself......or would you be happy continually answering the question..."why"......!

The watch is fine as it is....and yes they do come with 'goldy' coloured screws.......wear it and forget you're wearing it....that way it will feel more real.....if you continually obsess over a watch and want to modify it.......why not take up model building.....or Lego....then you can proudly say...."I built that"...and people will say.....wOw......that must have taken a lot of time and skill......instead of asking "WHY"...and then looking at you as if you had seven heads......when you explain about the 'goldy' screws......JMHO.

The watch is fine as it is....

...and yes affirmative your right in a way

but didnt we all come up with things you "cant see"

or wont tell and still are effective in a way?

Nobody will (i hope so) ever see the fine lingerie

i often do buy for my beloved GF but

just thinkin about it what she wears under her

dress makes my "plethora" rise inside

my trousers :)

Sometimes its even better with no lingerie

at all :rolleyes:

george

• 2 weeks later...
272190-3358.jpg

Aw man seeing those little screws breaks my heart :(

I need them so bad to fix my watch, at least one......

TTK you have contact with the maker of these watches, could you please enquire regarding the availability of them as spares? I would be eternally grateful if you could ask.

Cheers :D

Ubi -- I do not own this watch, but from my layman's point of view, the edges of both the screws and screw holes in the bezel look a bit sharper on the gen. And this more than the color of the screws is what sticks out the most to me. If you remove the screws again (or want to mod another RO watch), I would second the recommendation that you file the screw & hole edges to make the corners sharper. This, of course, will slightly reduce the overall size of the screw and slightly enlarge the hole. But that is actually good thing if you then replate the screws with one of the home plating systems on this page.

Knowing your modding talents and attention to detail, you should be able to reproduce the appearance of the gen bezel almost exactly. The only problem with home replating (and replating in general) is that the plating eventually wears away requiring another replating. So you may want to use a semi-permanent fixing agent when reinstalling the screws. But since that area of the bezel is so small, if you keep it clean (especially skin oil, which can break down the plating), the plating would likely outlast the watch.

I'm not very concerned with the 'flaws' on this watch :) There are a few items I'll address, but none of which concern the bezel.

To me... The minor inaccuracies that are present are worth the $16,500 difference between rep and gen.

I could not agree more! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 8 years later...
I'm not very concerned with the 'flaws' on this watch There are a few items I'll address, but none of which concern the bezel.

To me... The minor inaccuracies that are present are worth the $16,500 difference between rep and gen.

May I ask how you managed to get the bezel screws off? I have tried screwing it but it wouldn't budge.

-Andrew