When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

best omega planet ocean

djtimodj

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure but, I think the genuine has these spacer pins and they are supposed to recede into a hole drilled into the side of the case, my 42mm ETA PO did not have these holes.

I could not wear the watch this way, I sold it to a friend who preferred the steel bracelet.

Shame, the watch looks so sharp on a black rubber strap.

Nope, the gen does not have these. The 45mm rep uses a 20mm strap. The gen 42mm uses a 20mm, and the gen 45 uses a 22mm. The genuine 20mm rubber PO strap that looks the same as the rep one on the 45mm rep fits the 42mm rep perfectly with no gaps and has no pins. When I get back from the weekend, I'll post a pic of my 4th gen black PO with a genuine PO rubber strap. The fit is perfect and it looks great.

I got a genuine clasp, and it should come next week.

That's another highly recommended move on the rep. I put the insides from a gen clasp for a 2254.50 that I'm going to put on rubber into the PO metal band (before I had put it on rubber too), and it made a phenomenal difference.

Nope, the gen does not have these. The 45mm rep uses a 20mm strap. The gen 42mm uses a 20mm, and the gen 45 uses a 22mm. The genuine 20mm rubber PO strap that looks the same as the rep one on the 45mm rep fits the 42mm rep perfectly with no gaps and has no pins. When I get back from the weekend, I'll post a pic of my 4th gen black PO with a genuine PO rubber strap. The fit is perfect and it looks great.

Excuse you can point out me all the exact measures of the genuine versions of the Planet Ocean Orange?

Thanks

rep

45mm case = 20mm strap

42mm case = 20mm strap

genuine

45mm case = 22mm strap

42mm case = 20mm strap

Ok, thanks.

Do you also know the heights handle to handle?

And the dimension of the bezel?

Thanks still.

Edited by MAHLER

PMed him inquiry about the PO dials - he wrote back stating that he does not have any at the present moment.

Contacted OFrei and they have the orange dial just under $200. Not worth it in my opinion.

Therefore, I may just go ahead and replace the hands and maybe the clasp as well.

Does anyone know if someone on the board had put a gen dial in any of the 4th gen PO's?

I imagine quite a few of us are, but don't give in! If we all buy a 4th gen, they'll have no reason to make a 5th ;)

Doesn't Joshua have a 5th version? :blink:

The more I see the Planet Ocean, the more I like it, but I'm hanging on just a little longer as well!

K.

As m1ke said, the more of us that wait and voice our concern over the logo issue, the quicker they will bring out another gen...hopefully! :)

Jon