When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EMS Shipping Question

chaosboy

Hey guys. This may be a weird place to ask this question, but since you all have experience with ordering replica's, I figured it may be a good idea.

I recently ordered a watch from Andrew at Trusty Time, and its been about a week. It was shipped via EMS China, and I've been tracking it through their website. Although the updates are slow and inconsistent, a new one appeared today (dated yesterday however), saying that my item had arrived in Vancouver (I live in Canada), and then the next update said that it had been handed over to customs...This concerns me. That's all it says, and I'm not sure whether to take that as "Your item is simply being processed through customs at the moment" or "You're item has been seized and you will not be getting it." If anyone has any experience that would relate to this or any input to offer, I'd really appreciate it, cause I'm getting a bit ansy at this point. Thanks

As i see this....its ok so far!But you have to wait one or two days.

Then customs will contact you if you have problem....otherwise there will be no problem!

....wait and see....

If a big guy with a big dog knocks at your door tonight you have a problem. Remember when you have been cautioned and told that anything you say will be used in evidence you should reply 'Please, sir don't hit me again'

Otherwise if you have no visitors this evening the watch will probably arrive at your home in 2 days.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick (and joking) replies guys, I appreciate the reassurance. Being a first timer at this, and with my anticipation for this watch mounting to a fever pitch (I catch myself consistently looking out the front door for a courier truck!), that little "handed over to customs" comment was positively disheartening. So thanks a lot for the reassurance, and now I just have to keep my knickers on and wait. Which is eternally frustrating! But here's hoping it shows up tomorrow! Im crossing my fingers and heading back to the front door. hahah.

Thanks again!

@chaosboy

No worries, in canada, going thru Vancouver is the safest way. I live in edmonton, got caught by edmonton custom once, but not even one time by vancouver custom. It; s not gonna take too long for the watch to get where u live as the custom wont even take half a day(normally) to go trhu ur package. I am guessing 1 more day you will have ur watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I got busted on the Vancouver border once after returning from shopping in Bellingham.

Didn't declare the stuff I bought (couple hundred worth of clothes and miscellaneous items) and got taxed up the wazoo for it.

Nothing to do with watches but thought I'd throw that out in response to the above post.

Keep us updated.

I read the same comment on a EMS tracking page from Andrew once...it stayed for weeks and then got a letter from customs.

This is EU though, not Canada.

This happens all the time to me (Norway), I always have to wait 2-3 days extra but I'm getting used to it. They even broke down a toy where in it one of my watches were once, no questions just past it on, haha. One of my rolexes they once wanted me to pay 25% tax for, new retail price. Had a hard time explaining the new price wasnt $5000 but rather $400. When they found my documentation adequate they passed it on to me:)

I don't know about your countries, but in Norway I always get a paper I have to sign before customs can open my package. Customs are not allowed to open packages before they have my consent.

So I hope I get a customs notification agion soon, that just means I have something coming for me:) This time something nice from PureT.

NORing

I don't know about your countries, but in Norway I always get a paper I have to sign before customs can open my package. Customs are not allowed to open packages before they have my consent.

Let's all move to your country :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's a rep paradise :lol:

Well guys, good news! I got a tracking update last night (though obviously it was delayed, and though it was updated around midnight yesterday, the time of the message was 10:50am Tuesday) saying that my package had been released from customs! So it's been about 24 hours since my package was released, and I've got my fingers crossed that it'll show up today. Thanks for all the reassurance! I'll let everyone know when it does show.

Well guys, good news! I got a tracking update last night (though obviously it was delayed, and though it was updated around midnight yesterday, the time of the message was 10:50am Tuesday) saying that my package had been released from customs! So it's been about 24 hours since my package was released, and I've got my fingers crossed that it'll show up today. Thanks for all the reassurance! I'll let everyone know when it does show.

Super!!!!!!! Enjoy yournew toy when it comes!!!!

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I got my watch! And wow has it exceeded expectations! The thing is positively gorgeous, and I can't find anything wrong with it. It absolutely gleams, and I can't stop looking at it. Woo!!