When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What country has the best Special Forces/Special Operation in the world

cool-arrow

Some of the best in the world

Grenzschutzgruppe 9

Not really. Ever heared of KSK? They are by far the best _known_ special forces in germany. In the world, I dont know.

What I do know though is that the KSK has some of the toughest requirements to get in. Its so tough that almost all of those wo want in fail. You dont just have to have physical fitness, you also have to have the ability to avoid FF under ANY circumstances (unlike in some US troops :lol:)

And they are difinitely not underequipped, as each member can CHOOSE whatever kind of gun or gear he wants to have.

The WORST of all special forces is definitely the german BaFin lol, if noone is able to fcuk you, they'll find a reason :lol:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're really good at protecting their fishing 'rights' in the North Sea.....and at making a nice reindeer steak....but if we had another Iranian Embassy hostage scenario......FSK wouldn't be my first choice to rescue me.....mind you US Special Forces would be my absolute last choice......remember how they rescued Jessica Lynch.....duh....!

Or how they "rescued" Pat Tillman from very very bad thoughts about the war...!

• 10 months later...

The former South African Recconnaissance units were among the most hard core, well drilled soldiers anywhere in the world. Many are still sought out and a large number went on to serve in the mercenary group Executive Outcomes which was SA / London based (formed by former SA Recces) and who were often hired by governments (incl US and UK) to go in where they wouldnt dare. Trained in a constant state of war what was not only the South African townships - much like the SAS and Northern Ireland - but through constant clandestine government action in neighboring civil wars in Rhodesia, Angola and Mozambique. All part of the former governments regional destabalization campaign. They used to be referred to as silent wars but make no mistake, SA was a country at war for the better half of 30 years.

The motto:

The Special Forces Operator

I am a Special Forces Operator

I will go where others fear to go

I will do what others cannot do

I will face the impossible, and triumph

Always

I seek neither fame not glory

I seek neither medals nor praise

I seek only the acknowledgement of my Brother Operators

For they alone can judge me

And to be counted amongst them is my greatest Honour

I will never dishonour my Brothers

Or the name of Special Forces

I will never turn away from any challenge

I will face anything, and succeed

Nothing will stop me, save Death

And even this will be temporary

For my memory will spur my Brothers on

I will, at all times

Uphold the principles that guide us

Duty, Honour and Loyalty

The highest code of Morals, Principles and Ethics

I will never abandon my post

Or turn from my duty

No matter the consequences

I will always remember my Brothers

Who have made the Supreme Sacrifice

They will be with me at all times

In my thoughts and prayers

Their Deeds will not go unrecorded

And their Songs will not go unsung

Their memory will inspire me

Constantly

I know that wherever I am

Whatever the situation

I am always in my Brothers

The special task force in south Africa is beyond almost all units in the world but they are "police" not military.

thespecialtaskforce13soqw9.jpg

The 2 best special units in the police / military must be

Bope Brazil -urban fighting

Special task force in South Africa

If you think anyone is better prove it. ;) The US have SWAT teams that are also good but lets see have good in a wall to wall combat not a raid on house when all are sleeping :p

Do a search on both on youtube this guys are so hardcore its beyond reason almost.

When you are a fully trained Bope officer you will see 3-4 shootouts a week. :o That is crazy..

Cheers

Hello All,

Simply put what country has the most bad azz, hard, special forces/operations/elite military fighting unit in the world?

Top runners are

UK

USA

CANADA

FRANCE

GERMANY

IRAN

ISRAEL

MUJADEN

Since this forum is a world forum I am curious to know what the rest of the world considers to be the most elite. Being an American and living in the US, with numerous special operation units we consider are elite un-rivaled, by any other force in the world. I know SAS are very popular in the world, but that the SBS are even more selective. Canadian special forces have been given praise in the media, and the German elite seem to be under utilized. Your thoughts please.

I have a group of friends who are an Ex-SBS platoon. They are the hardest, fittest, most professional bunch of soldiers I have ever come across. My vote goes to them and also to their US counterparts, the Seals.

I have also heard them speak highly of Mossad.

HI mates ,

I know this might be a shocker but

Have any body considered the Egyptian Special forces the Saiqa to which Israel had to develop the the Saiqa counter forces called Roh Shakid !!!

And the counter terrorism unit the Egyptian 777

And the Egyptian terrorism unit the Egyptian 999

And Unit 333 - Hostage Rescue Force " remember Malta 1985 !!!!"

cheers

Edited by wadan

In all seriousness, since this is a purely opinion based thread, I would have to say the Delta Force operators would have to be the best, that is, if we are sticking to the topic of the best special forces/ops. This group is made up of the best of the best from U.S.N. Seals, Army Rangers, Marine Recon, USAF, and Army Special Forces. These guys are the cream that has risen to the top of their respected units. I would still fear having to face the forces of the Ugandan Liberation Front when machete to machete combat is concerned. These guys weild a mean blade. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

They didn't do very well in Iran 1980 or Somalia 1993. ;)

The former South African Recconnaissance units were among the most hard core, well drilled soldiers anywhere in the world. Many are still sought out and a large number went on to serve in the mercenary group Executive Outcomes which was SA / London based (formed by former SA Recces) and who were often hired by governments (incl US and UK) to go in where they wouldnt dare. Trained in a constant state of war what was not only the South African townships - much like the SAS and Northern Ireland - but through constant clandestine government action in neighboring civil wars in Rhodesia, Angola and Mozambique. All part of the former governments regional destabalization campaign. They used to be referred to as silent wars but make no mistake, SA was a country at war for the better half of 30 years.

The motto:

The Special Forces Operator

I am a Special Forces Operator

I will go where others fear to go

I will do what others cannot do

I will face the impossible, and triumph

Always

I seek neither fame not glory

I seek neither medals nor praise

I seek only the acknowledgement of my Brother Operators

For they alone can judge me

And to be counted amongst them is my greatest Honour

I will never dishonour my Brothers

Or the name of Special Forces

I will never turn away from any challenge

I will face anything, and succeed

Nothing will stop me, save Death

And even this will be temporary

For my memory will spur my Brothers on

I will, at all times

Uphold the principles that guide us

Duty, Honour and Loyalty

The highest code of Morals, Principles and Ethics

I will never abandon my post

Or turn from my duty

No matter the consequences

I will always remember my Brothers

Who have made the Supreme Sacrifice

They will be with me at all times

In my thoughts and prayers

Their Deeds will not go unrecorded

And their Songs will not go unsung

Their memory will inspire me

Constantly

I know that wherever I am

Whatever the situation

I am always in my Brothers

They didn't do very well in Iran 1980 or Somalia 1993. ;)

Well those guys were never actually DELIVERED to Tehran so you can't make any judgments there. And as to Somalia - I am not sure what you are talking about there either. I would like to see anyone else do better under such incredibly [censored] conditions.

It is important to parse the ineptitude of politicians and support units from the actual performance of the men on the ground.

LMAO at all the theories and " Google " research.

How many of you have any military experience at all, let alone SF or SPECWAR experience?

The US trains and trains with almost every large-scale organization mentioned. Our advantage is clear. We have more money, better technology and an overall better mindset.

This is NOT US-brainwashed propaganda either. This is coming from someone that has trained with the best everyone has to offer... and knows what each group has to offer.

I respectfully tip my hat to Her Majesty's SAS and the Israeli SF. I've had the pleasure of working with both... and they are by far the most impressive.

LMAO at all the theories and " Google " research.

How many of you have any military experience at all, let alone SF or SPECWAR experience?

The US trains and trains with almost every large-scale organization mentioned. Our advantage is clear. We have more money, better technology and an overall better mindset.

This is NOT US-brainwashed propaganda either. This is coming from someone that has trained with the best everyone has to offer... and knows what each group has to offer.

I respectfully tip my hat to Her Majesty's SAS and the Israeli SF. I've had the pleasure of working with both... and they are by far the most impressive.

Everyone here now the US has the best military overall if that is a good thing?who can say..

But like most in the US bigger is not always better..

I hold my hand on other special forces then what the US can provide..

And the comment that you have more money :p man the wars you are keeping going is destroying your country and sheeds the $$ in half almost..

I think the debate ends here !

The no.1 crack special forces team is.....

A-Team_logo.jpg

Ten years ago / In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.

Ona semi-serious note, the SAS is probably the best of the groups mentioned, due to a long track record (since 1941) of making life miserable for bad guys from Nazi Germany to al-Qaeda.

The British Special Air Service is one of the most well-known special operations groups. It got its start in World War II, when it carried out numerous missions in North Africa under David Stirling ? making life miserable for the Afrika Korps. The 22nd SAS is the active duty regiment, and has four ?Sabre? squadrons (A, B, D, and G Squadrons), each with 6 officers and 78 men. Two reserve SAS regiments also exist, the 21st (with A, C, and E Squadrons) and the 23rd (with A, B, and C squadrons). When support troops like the 264th Squadron (a communications unit) various headquarters units, and the retirees of R Squadron are added, that the SAS consists of about 1,000 men.

Not as well-known as the SAS, but even more selective, is the Special Boat Section (SBS). This unit consists of three squadrons (C, M, and S Squadrons) and is part of the Royal Marines. SBS members first must undergo SAS selection, then receive additional training in diving, photography, canoeing, and other skills. Among its operations include missions to convince Iraqi troops that amphibious landings were imminent in the 1991 liberation of Kuwait (a mission also performed by SEALs), the liberation of South Georgia during the Falklands War, and covert operations in Northern Ireland.

A-Team_logo.jpg

Ten years ago / In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.

Hah hah...I love this.

A-Team_logo.jpg

I pity da fool who disagrees!! B.A. Barakus will rip your F'in head off!! (Super groovy van too!!)

a-team-limo.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex

I kinda blazed through the last 5 pages... has anyone considered that Private Military Companies may have the best special forces? I played with a few of the groups mentioned here and NONE of them had the training, experience or equipment that PMC's have access to.

One thing to consider is that someone in nearly any of these Govt. funded units can leave the unit, apply and be hired with a PMC and instantly make 3-5 x what they were while paid by the govt.

I have two very close friends who work for a PMC based in the UK. (Aegis International). They are extremely well trained, extremely disciplined and extremely well equipped.

And I didnt see that anyone mentioned the Australian Marines. They are not a "special forces" unit. But they are some well trained people. They kicked the living [censored] out of a group of US Marine Force Recon that I worked with for awhile... They beat us bad.... and then spent all night out drinking, and then beat us bad again the next day.

They kicked the living shit out of a group of US Marine Force Recon that I worked with for awhile... They beat us bad.... and then spent all night out drinking, and then beat us bad again the next day.

Don't let it upset you CBR, thats an Aussie National pastime. :D

Ken

A-Team_logo.jpg

Have coud i forget..

I agree.. :1a:

I kinda blazed through the last 5 pages... has anyone considered that Private Military Companies may have the best special forces? I played with a few of the groups mentioned here and NONE of them had the training, experience or equipment that PMC's have access to.

One thing to consider is that someone in nearly any of these Govt. funded units can leave the unit, apply and be hired with a PMC and instantly make 3-5 x what they were while paid by the govt.

I have two very close friends who work for a PMC based in the UK. (Aegis International). They are extremely well trained, extremely disciplined and extremely well equipped.

And I didnt see that anyone mentioned the Australian Marines. They are not a "special forces" unit. But they are some well trained people. They kicked the living [censored] out of a group of US Marine Force Recon that I worked with for awhile... They beat us bad.... and then spent all night out drinking, and then beat us bad again the next day.

That may well be true as the vast majority of PMC personnel are ex-special forces anyway. To give you an example, my ex-SBS buddies now work as Veritas International, one of the world's leading maritime security companies. These guys are the number 1 choice of luxury yacht owners around the world including Paul Allen and Roman Abramovitch. I've seen these guys at work and given the kit, the resources and the huge financial incentives involved, they are as good as any serving military unit.

Edited by The Mentalist

I hacked one of the NSA

Are you sure it wasn't the Australian cricket team?