When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica Vertu cellular phones

Rolexman

Hi,

I came across this site. They sell replica VERTU phones. They look pretty nice IMO.

Is there someone who already owns or owned a VERTU replica?

I already asked Andrew and he said: "The quality is lousy".

If the quality was okay I really woud like to own one!

Opinions or thoughts on the subject?

278492-1888.jpg

Edited by TwoTone

My daughter has one- it shoots out PEZ.

Stick w name brand phones- the best thing cell phone companies have to offer is follow up service if something goes wrong- With one of these, what happens if it fails??

-O

If I ever saw someone w/ a VERTU phone, which I haven't, despite living and working in the most image conscious city in America, my initial thought would be "Poser." Then again that's probably what people think when they see my "Patek." That being said, I'd bet the Chinese could copy the functions on the OEM VERTU (which are undoubtedly also made in China) 1:1. You could always pretend to be talking to the concierge.."No, I said the chef's bar at L'Atelier, not a table....OK...Does that suite have a view of the Park?....OK...Cool...thanks."

If you carry VEPTU phone, though I'm afraid you will look like a poser...a poser without a concierge.

I have done quite a bit of study on these and Andrew is right the quality is lousy.

What would be far better is to find someone who just makes the covers and bung your Nokia in there........and yes i am trying to find the cases too. -_-

Ken

Guest RiverwindMDS
If I ever saw someone w/ a VERTU phone, which I haven't, despite living and working in the most image conscious city in America, my initial thought would be "Poser." Then again that's probably what people think when they see my "Patek." That being said, I'd bet the Chinese could copy the functions on the OEM VERTU (which are undoubtedly also made in China) 1:1. You could always pretend to be talking to the concierge.."No, I said the chef's bar at L'Atelier, not a table....OK...Does that suite have a view of the Park?....OK...Cool...thanks."

If you carry VEPTU phone, though I'm afraid you will look like a poser...a poser without a concierge.

Heeheheh, I already have the concierge...

go to www.veptu.org...

If I ever saw someone w/ a VERTU phone, which I haven't, despite living and working in the most image conscious city in America,

What! DC is not more image-conscious than LA or NYC, let alone Paris! ;)

(I'll thrown in the 20 blocks that are South Beach too)

my initial thought would be "Poser." Then again that's probably what people think when they see my "Patek." That being said, I'd bet the Chinese could copy the functions on the OEM VERTU (which are undoubtedly also made in China) 1:1. You could always pretend to be talking to the concierge.."No, I said the chef's bar at L'Atelier, not a table....OK...Does that suite have a view of the Park?....OK...Cool...thanks."

That's actually the whole point of owning a VERTU phone, which I saw the other day when I was in the Tourneau shop in Worth Avenue. I also think they're a bit tatty, but I loved the concierge service and that's the whole point of owning one.

It would be like owning a Mercedes, but with a Ford Pinto engine.

On the other hand, who needs concierge service is one is a member of "a small world" or "Quintessentially". But the VEPTU has to go. ;)

Guest RiverwindMDS
What! DC is not more image-conscious than LA or NYC, let alone Paris! ;)

(I'll thrown in the 20 blocks that are South Beach too)

That's actually the whole point of owning a VERTU phone, which I saw the other day when I was in the Tonneau shop in Worth Avenue. I also think they're a bit tatty, but I loved the concierge service and that's the whole point of owning one.

It would be like owning a Mercedes, but with a Ford Pinto engine.

On the other hand, who needs concierge service is one is a member of "a small world" or "Quintessentially". But the VEPTU has to go. ;)

I am a member of asmallworld, can you explain something more of quintessentially?

I've always wanted to put down some money on a Signature model, but I'm afraid of people calling me a poser, or calling me crazy for spending $7K+ on a phone.

Then again, those same people also would ask me why I've spent more than $6K+ on a Bell & Ross that looks like a plastic watch? (Actually, it's PVD steel)

This phone is for the people who use their phones for talking and nothing else. It's like having a travelling equivalent of a home telephone. I also like the materials used, the attention put to detail, and its' craftsmanship.

What manufacturer uses leather, ceramic, synthetic rubies and liquidmetal alloys to produce a phone?

I know it's mindless to put this much crafting and pay this much money on a phone that is technologically obsolete, but at the same time it's aesthetically advanced for its' era.

People have also ripped the VERTU phones by saying they're still glorified Nokias. Should we tell those people that their *brand of watch* is just a glorified ETA?

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I couldn't seem to see any prices for the phones. Replica or not, I think my father in law would probably like one of those, as he works in the telecommunications industry, and has about half a dozen cell phones for various business and personall uses. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

I am a member of asmallworld,

Very nice! Actually, it used to be more exclusive in the beginning as you know, and one could get excellent insider info back then, but it's still worth an invite...which I have yet to get.

And no, that's not a play to get one, fear not. ;)

The Palm Beach grapevine does me just fine.

can you explain something more of quintessentially?

Certainly.

It's similar in tone, exclusivity, in-the-know to asmallworld, but it is basically more hands-on a club since it IS a concierge service -- or "Lifestyle management" as they call it. Whether tickets for Beverly Sills' farewell memorial at the Met, or executive boxes at Yankee stadium, or a jet to fly your chihuahua to Ibiza, they can do it all...

I believe it was started around 2003/4, as the brainchild of Ben Elliott (nephew of Camilla Parker-Bowles, now Duchess of Cornwall), and thru' its services, River, you meet the same set as you would in asmallworld.

Worth a look-see, especially since as a member of ASW, you're almost guaranteed acceptance.

I don't like the look of these modern phones. I just wish somebody still made phones that look like Dynatacs but have longer lasting battery life. It could be done, easily, and for the cheap.

278664-1878.jpg

They are available... I think motorola released a model recently with modern screen and it can txt and has battery life of a few weeks... my friend bought one...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok I can now tell you that after going through a lot of suppliers I do have a very high quality Vertu copy, how good?

My first buyer had it sent to a mate who owns an electronics repair shop, there he gave it the full workout and it passed with flying colours.

Now the bad news they range from 800-1800MHz so they wont work in the US or Canada, but everywhere else in the world is fine.

Ken