When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pens in Pics

Victoria

Mont Blanc Pen  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Buy a Mont Blanc Sometime in Your Life?

• Yes
    • No
    • Probably get a rep pen, but not Mont Blanc
    • One word: Sharpie

• 4 weeks later...

HI,

Thank for the review.

I love nice pens too, and just recieved 3 MB's from Trevor.

They look nice, besides a few light scratches on one, but I can liver with that.

They feel quiet heavy, and write well....So see how they hold up over time.

If I have time I will see that I take some nice pics.

(Can anyone tell me please how to put the pics directly on the page for everyone to see, without an url to click on first??)

Regards

HI,

Thank for the review.

Thanks for reviving the thread. ;)

I love nice pens too, and just recieved 3 MB's from Trevor.

They look nice, besides a few light scratches on one, but I can liver with that.

Hmm, see, this is what has always made me stay away from Trevor. I realise people often mention imperfections when posting, and the ones who get the flawless stuff stay silent (the way of the world), but it seems to me that I've read too many of these minor "problems".

They feel quiet heavy, and write well....So see how they hold up over time.

That's what counts!

If I have time I will see that I take some nice pics.

(Can anyone tell me please how to put the pics directly on the page for everyone to see, without an url to click on first??)

Surely. I personally use Image Shack. When you upload the pics (I tick the "resize" to 640 x 480, as my default) make sure you copy/paste Hotlink #1.

I also take out the second url linking back to Image Shack, if there, because it's not a "clean" look for me, but that's up to each.

Alternatively, but more cumbersomely, you can go to the last link, "Direct link", c/p that in the reply panel, then look up to the "Image" box near the emoticons (smilies). It's right next to "url". It'll embed the link for you.

ALTERNATIVELY. *g*

Just add [ img ] and close it [ /img ] yourself.

Good luck!

Nice pen collection there.

I carry a gen Pelikan M800 fountain pen. Its a green monster...one of these days I'll pick up the behemoth M1000.

MBs make pretty pens and nice collectibles, plus they seem to have the monopoly on mall boutiques all over the world...but for an everyday user...get a Pelikan.

Trust me on this...MBs are over hyped and they write terrible...

If you want a really sexy FP...try Michael Perchin....unbelievable....I'll be adding one of those to my collection.

• 1 month later...

I too love the fine writing instruments as well as the timepieces. My pen collection started with a few rep Mont Blanc's and then progressed to a few gen Mont Blancs, a DuPont and a Waterman. I'm thinking of going back and getting some good reps as well, but for now timepieces are my obsession.