When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tiger Woods Tag Heuer Golf Watch

Keyhole

294115-3381.jpg

Right Cick - Save As For Hi-Res

The Tiger Woods Tag Heuer Golf Watch has finally been repped properly. Previous versions have left us wanting a more accurate replica, and this time around the replica makers have left me satisfied. The dial is properly reproduced to represent the dimples of a golf ball. These are highly pronounced and give the dial a personality not found on other watches.

Conventional watches often get in the way or affect your swing in a negative manner. Tiger Woods and Tag Heuer have eliminated the common problems associated with a regular watch. The Profession Golf watch was designed specifically to be worn while playing a round of golf.

The first major obstacle was the clasp. Quite often a standard clasp can feel awkward and often hurt a players wrist. Tag Heuer integrated the clasp into the watch head with a revolutionary patented system. This is replicated very well on this version and the clasp closes tight and leaves no worry that it could possibly open unintentionally. The clasp is deployed by pressing the push buttons located at the 10 & 2 o'clock markers.

To further improve the comfort of the watch, the crown was moved from the 3 o'clock position to 9 o'clock. The crown on the replica does not screw down, so by no means would this version be considered water resistant. Be sure to take cover when the rain starts falling! Or at least pop it in the waterproof pouch on your golf bag :)

Tag also utilized a ultra-flexible rubber strap for convenience. The strap never slides, prevents any shock on the wrist and adapts its length to any change in wrist diameter. The strap is adjustable by deploying the clasp and clicking back the "Tag Heuer" marked lever. After you adjust the rubber to the appropriate length, just move the lever back into place and it snugly grabs the rubber strap. In order to make the strap fit my wrist properly, I had to cut a portion of the rubber strap away. Since the adjusted portion of the strap is inside of the back of the watch, there is no room for additional strap.

294115-3382.jpg

"Its so incredibly light you literally forget it’s on your wrist--until you need it." - Tiger Woods

One of the first things I noticed when I received my watch was just how light it was. A regular watch is often too heavy and your swing and putting precision can be affected. The genuine is made of ultra-light titanium, stainless steel and silicon rubber. The genuine Tag Heuer Golf Watch weighs only 55 grams. The replica follows this trend and is also extremely light.

294115-3383.jpg

Another reason I typically do wear a watch during a round of golf is the wear and tear on an automatic movement caused by repetitive and violent shocks generated by golf swings. The genuine as well as the replica both house an accurate and reliable quartz movement. Now I can swing without the worry of ruining my expensive ETA movement.

The caseback is also copied accurately. It includes Tiger Woods' signature, limited edition numbered markings, and a finely brushed SS finish.

294115-3384.jpg

The Tiger Woods Tag Heuer Golf Watch is a great value for the price. It can generally be found for between $110-$130. For a little bit more you can even receive a box set that includes a Tag Heuer hang tag, circular zipped box, warranty card and papers. If you are an avid golfer or just a fan of the sport, I highly recommend picking one up! I purchased this particular watch from TWP and it was an excellent transaction!

Edited by Keyhole

I plan to write up a more complete review...but here ya go.

Yes the clasp is secure, no problems there. The band is rubber and seems very durable. Add that to the quartz movement and it's a great tool watch that was designed specifically to hit the links with.

Those are Nike Power Accuracy balls...bought them a few years ago and haven't used a few of them yet.

Thanks for the excellent review. :) It is cool to see the more special watches reviewed.

I have considered this watch, it is a "tool watch" and has a story behind it.. Too bad I quit golf ten years ago..

• 9 months later...
Thanks for the compliments guys!

I purchased this one from TWP. I actually have another one on the way from Ruby and I will compare the two when I receive it.

Newbie here....I've been looking at this watch for quite some time. Who/where is TWP and Ruby? Thanks!

C

• 1 month later...

Nice review, but IMO the dial is not as accurate as you state here.

1. The distance between each dimple is too big.

2. Incorrect number of dimples

3. Dimples are cut on the border of the dimpled area on the gen

4. The "Professional GOLF" is in an italic font on the gen

The older version with plain dial and the TW logo is still more accurate than this one.

• 3 months later...
yeah, that's the one i ordered.

i received this one though

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=1812

which is even less accurate lol although, it's growing on me

Err, I think the one that you got is more accurate. Look at the cheap one, the font on the date is just plain wrong, and the second hand doesn't have red paint on it. You should be happy hehe. I wonder if I should order the cheap one and expect to get the more expensive one too :D

yeah, that's the one i ordered.

i received this one though

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=1812

which is even less accurate lol although, it's growing on me

Err, I think the one that you got is more accurate. Look at the cheap one, the font on the date is just plain wrong, and the second hand doesn't have red paint on it. You should be happy hehe. I wonder if I should order the cheap one and expect to get the more expensive one too :D

i assume by the link you mean the style, because if you ordered the $108 and got the $238 instead thats a good mistake ;)

nope. i actually received the more expensive watch :oEDIT: to clarify, it was just the watch, no box, case, papers, etc...

would still have rather had the more accurate dial though

Andrew's sorting it, so it's all good :)

Edited by kez

the gen original version doesn't have red on the second hand ;)

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-brand/stars-ta...=WAE1110.FT6004