When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

a dumpster just put a smile on my face :)

Sharky

i rarely post but i felt i really needed to share this.

I work in the city and work rather long hours. The profession i practice requires discipline and commitment but every now and again I just have to get out of the office and move around a bit, or head up to the few foodstores to grab a packet of biscuits or anything else which can satisfy that fit of nerves which takes over every now and again.

So picture this. Today i decided to take a different route to a little store up behind my office block and therefore took the side street instead of the main road. As Im walking i notice this construstion waste dumpster in the alley full to the brim, however, it doesnt have a speck of dust in it. Instead it is full, and I mean FULL, F-U-L-L of luxury watches catalogues and memorabilia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o:o

I swear guys, i felt like i had won the national lottery. i could not believe my eyes!!!!!

i even found a box to carry some of the stuff out to bring right back home!!!! Ha!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I've got everything from beautiful Vacheron, Cartier, Jaeger, AP and Omega catalogues with CDs to Zenith framed posters, display cases and more.... I'm telling you, it felt so good i even felt like i was stealing the stuff!!!!

Anyways, gotta go guys, I'm going back for more!!!! :lol:

Edited by Sharky

Make sure they didn't accidentally dump any watches there. You know what that means... you have to jump in there and search the dumpster really, really well. :lol:

Hire a truck, go back and haul the dumpster to your back yard - dump the dumpster in the back yard - take the dumpster back. they will never know. Ebay will make you rich.

Speaking as someone who just paid USD5 for a 2006 Panerai catalogue on *bay, all I can say is... :animal_rooster:

Great luck though!

Speaking as someone who just paid USD5 for a 2006 Panerai catalogue on *bay, all I can say is... :animal_rooster:

Great luck though!

Oh Victoria that's bogus that someone would take advantage like that. You can get them free directly from the manufacturer. Or simply go into your local bookstore. Some of the watch magazines have a Business Reply Card that you can request brochures from.

Well anyway that was the last $5.00 wasted.

TTK is just Ok!

Oh Victoria that's bogus that someone would take advantage like that. You can get them free directly from the manufacturer. Or simply go into your local bookstore. Some of the watch magazines have a Business Reply Card that you can request brochures from.

Well anyway that was the last $5.00 wasted.

Yes, possibly, George. OTOH, I am impatient. The eBayer sent it Priority and I had it in my hands in one day. Last time though, as you say. <_<