When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

export

Ahahahahahahahahahaha :DI bought that watch today as well as a Submariner.

Why would someone who's preference is for Omegas buy a Rolex, you may be asking? Well, that's because I am going to 'kit bash' the two watches into a Submariner with GMT function :thumbsupsmileyanim: Watch this space in a month or so, and I'll post the finished result :)

Edited by TeeJay

Ahahahahahahahahahaha :DI bought that watch today as well as a Submariner.

Why would someone who's preference is for Omegas buy a Rolex, you may be asking? Well, that's because I am going to 'kit bash' the two watches into a Submariner with GMT function :thumbsupsmileyanim: Watch this space in a month or so, and I'll post the finished result :)

Hey Teejay.. I thought white watches were more your thing :D

Anyway I've been dabbling on CQout, two subs, GMT, RPO, Omega coaxial, ladies yachtmaster and yes I'm very impressed with watches and service, speed etc.

look forward to your mods

Hey Teejay.. I thought white watches were more your thing :D

I only have one white watch, don't particularly want that, but I do have plans to make a White Seamaster as a replacement. But. The GMT function will be more useful to my vacation to Spain in November, (and the watches will take about a month to arrive from this dealer) so I figured it would be better (and cheaper) to build the GMT Submariner first, and then save up to build the White Seamaster :)

Anyway I've been dabbling on CQout, two subs, GMT, RPO, Omega coaxial, ladies yachtmaster and yes I'm very impressed with watches and service, speed etc.

look forward to your mods

There are certainly some excellent deals available on CQout, and I've always been happy with the watches I received from buying there. The only watch I did have a problem with was a Panerai 111 with a non-existent power reserve, but I returned it to the dealer straight away (no quibble from him at all) and exchanged it for the black Omega Aqua Terra, which I customized and will be giving to my dad for his birthday next month (see named thread in Omega Area for a somewhat blurry pic of the modified watch)

I've never worked on Rolexes before, but, given the nature of them, I'm guessing the parts from these two models will be essentially modular (I asked the dealer after I bought them, and she thought there wouldn't be a problem, and given I'd already bought the two, it wasn't as if she was saying that to try and get a sale...) Give it a month or so, and hopefully I'll have the watch finished :)