When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hermes Briefcase

dude82

I bought the black Kelly briefcase from kenberg. The quality is astonishing, it is by far the nicest briefcase I have ever owned or seen. I cannot say how close it is to the original since I have never seen it. This bag is amazing, and it gets noticed. I got many compliments on it. It is a little tedious to open/close it because of the two straps. But these straps keep it in perfect shape even when it is very full. I had the Sunday Globe in it and a book and it still looked perfect.

I bought the black Kelly briefcase from kenberg. The quality is astonishing, it is by far the nicest briefcase I have ever owned or seen. I cannot say how close it is to the original since I have never seen it. This bag is amazing, and it gets noticed. I got many compliments on it. It is a little tedious to open/close it because of the two straps. But these straps keep it in perfect shape even when it is very full. I had the Sunday Globe in it and a book and it still looked perfect.

Hey Rol, would you mind posting some pics if you can get around to it? Much obliged...

Just took some pictures. I'm a lousy phtographer, don't ask me for better ones.

Here is the bag. It is 35.5 cm wide and 29 cm high (without handle).

301693-1885.jpg

This picture shows it with the straps open. You can see that the clasps have two holes. This allows adjustment if you have a lot of documents in the bag. I rarely need to use the wider holes.

301693-1886.jpg

This is the bag fully open. You can see that the upper parts of the inside are lined with the same leather that is on the outside.

301693-1887.jpg

The rest is lined with a very smooth leather, I guess lamb or goat.

301693-1888.jpg

This shows it next to the Hermes Kelly bag (28 cm). The similarities are obvious.

301693-1889.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
The textured leather looks interesting, like a football almost. Still that's a lot for a rep item, for that much you could get a nice Tumi bag that has a lifetime warranty.

It may seem like a lot of money for a 'rep' but let me tell you, the quality on the Kelly bags from Ken is AMAZING. My wife has gen coach bags, and the rep kelly bags are made just as well if not BETTER. For the price you are paying you are getting high quality leather and top notch construction. I believe the cost is in line with what it actually costs to produce a genuine Hermes bag - they just mark it up for the name.

My wife has had both her Birken and her Kelly bag in Hermes and the salespeople both times could not tell it was a rep, even after handling the Kelly bag extensively to clean it for her. (it wasn't even dirty - i guess this is the level of service you get when you spend $5k US on a bag, they just volunteer to clean your bag)

And you cannot go wrong with Ken, a better dealer on this forum you would be hard pressed to find.