When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA 7750 Group buy?

ajoesmith

I have access to a few ETA 7750 movements, New and unused.

The price of ETA 7750 movements have sky rocketed recently, over $400

I can get some. Price will be about $300 each movement, including day and date wheels, stem and movement screws

I think there are only 6 movements left with this guy so please be quick.

If you are interested please add you name in this post.

Ill need to know asap if interested

Thanks

UPDATE WITH PICS 24th August

298705-238.jpg

298705-239.jpg

298705-240.jpg

298705-241.jpg

298705-242.jpg

Surplus, NOS, recovered serviced, recovered unserviced?

Old style with 17j or newer version?

Decorated, plain?

A clear photo will do.

OK sorry i should have said

Its New style 25 jewel, plain. The movements are brand new, maybe surplus stock not sure. But definitely not serviced, they are new

Pics updated

Hmmm... an unserviced ETA 7750...I don't see the difference with the unserviced new Asian 7750 (28,800).

I can't justify buying a $300 movement which needs to be serviced (+ $200) in order to not encounter the same problems one could have with a new Asian 7750.....

Hmmm... an unserviced ETA 7750...I don't see the difference with the unserviced new Asian 7750 (28,800).

I can't justify buying a $300 movement which needs to be serviced (+ $200) in order to not encounter the same problems one could have with a new Asian 7750.....

The difference being, this is a real ETA and its oiled without lumps of crap in it that may be in the asian 7750.

sorry i dont really see your point...

The difference being, this is a real ETA and its oiled without lumps of crap in it that may be in the asian 7750.

sorry i dont really see your point...

Maybe I did not understand. So it is oiled. I thought it wasn't, as you stated 'unserviced'. sorry. Than it's a great deal!!

Maybe I did not understand. So it is oiled. I thought it wasn't, as you stated 'unserviced'. sorry. Than it's a great deal!!

Yes its a brand new movement, and its ETA, so itll be oiled

I said unserviced as its brand new and to distinguish from second hand used serviced movement. sorry if i confused people.

This movement is Brand new! not used. it wont need a service for a long time just like other Swiss ETA 7750's

EDIT:

These movements are NEW!!!. They DO NOT NEED A SERVICE.

Simply replace your old movement with this one!

Get in line, pal.... :whistling:

Chronus, this is getting a little weird....do you think I'm actually being 'haunted' by this watch??? :unsure:

I think you want it... same thing happened to me til I got one :o

Tempting....

I've got a HBB and a Cousteau that have asian 7750's. The HBB is supposedly serviced, so hopefully that won't be a problem. The Cousteau is freaking beautiful- and I'm tempted to swap an ETA into this one. More likely, though, would be to buy this and then wait for whatever the next chrono super-rep is, and then swap it into that one...

If I could buy this and then pay $100 bucks less to some dealer for an Evo or something (due to not needing the asian), and have them install it for like $50 or something, then it would be compelling.

My real goal is to try to find a cheap way to get asian 7750's serviced....but that's not likely to happen any time soon.

Hmmmm....the fact that these come serviced is a real tough one. Do they come serviced though? Or are they put together with machines, just like the asians? I could have sworn that in one of The Zigmeister's reviews, he said that the first time a watch gets properly serviced, asian OR swiss, was the first time it hits the watchmakers bench...?

Tough one....

ok

confirmation that there are 10 movements in total.

Only 5 places left - add your name if seriously interested

list is:

1 - ajoesmith - ok

2 - azerbyjam - ok

3 - azerbyjam - ok

4 - a german in denmark - ok

5 - evildee - ok

6 - watcher - ok

7 - Tx Walker - ok

8 - timl - ok

9 -

10 -

yodaddynukka has gone AWOL so off the list until he gets in contact with me.