When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Asian Highbeat 6497

TK471

i know that this new movement (like Davidsen) is available as E-serie AND H-Serie movement...

Angus can get them also and i have order 2 of them for sample...

this movement cost nearly double price from other swan neck movements... so i think that the quaility will be MUCH better

yes tk471, these are really good quality from what i have seen and in my opinion as good as the swiss but i think better for reps as they use the correct rate as the 6497-2 in the gens. i still do not think the swannecks were ever "swiss" anyways....

asian E-G series fast beat swanneck (left is my 183g gen)

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3529.jpg

asian H-J series fast beat swanneck

IMG_3536.jpg

i have heard from our dealers this movement should be 80% swiss and 20% asian.

But i think it is 20% swiss (main plate and balance???) and 80% asian (bridges, decoration, blue screws, swan neck)

or maybe 100% like ALLLLLLLLL other swan neck movements, but better finish

next week when i get tthis movements will know more...

I think the E looks better. Though it looks like there's some pretty good CDG markings on the H, the "OFFICINE PANERAI" is still way off. Chris, can you confirm that the watch next to your gen 183 is the new high-beat Asian E?

yes i can confirm... i ordered this movement as asian swanneck. you can tell its a fast beat by the size of thge gear teeth on the ceneter gear... smaller and more teeth on the gears equals hi rate. the gen has the same size teeth as the asian. the swiss if it really is swiss is not as accurate and the finish is the same.

yes i can confirm... i ordered this movement as asian swanneck. you can tell its a fast beat by the size of thge gear teeth on the ceneter gear... smaller and more teeth on the gears equals hi rate. the gen has the same size teeth as the asian. the swiss if it really is swiss is not as accurate and the finish is the same.

The swiss if they really are swiss...lol... :whistling: Are any rep watches Swiss? While we would like to think that we are getting swiss movements and parts are we? At best I would say 15% tops.